TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
SaveMe Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Natasha

Should I admit myself into the Psych Ward? - October 4th 2010, 10:32 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Well, my depression had been coming back for a few weeks, it's getting really bad and I'm self harming every day, not going to school, and earlier I almost attempted yet again. The weird thing was I was barely concious of it then I came to my senses and stopped. I'm really not sure what to do here. I feel like if I admit myself people will think I want attention, they already do think that.. this could make it worse. I'm not really concerned about my own safety, and I don't want to get better for me, but for my mom, it's so hard on her. What should I do? Opinions?

And she fights so you won't ignore her,
'cause thats her biggest fear.

Support
Love<3

Keep your head up gorgeous,
they'll kill to see you
fall..
  Send a message via AIM to SaveMe  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
teen spirit Offline
Average Joe

Name: Cantina

Re: Should I admit myself into the Psych Ward? - October 4th 2010, 11:56 PM

I think the only person you should want to get better for is you...then its for your mom (and whoever else follows).
If you don't commit to yourself and set goals for you (and only you)...that is when the relapse takes place.
Do this for you...you deserve to be happy and leading a healthy life...I am glad to hear that your heart is going out for your mom and how she is dealing with this (because she is important) but the commitment comes from inside you....and that is the one of the small steps to recovery...taking responsibility for you...
Take it one moment at a time and then one day at a time. Focus on the moment right now and ask yourself: What am I feeling right now? and do I like the way I feel right now? Then...what can I do to change the way I am feeling right now? and take a small step towards taking your attention off of feeling crappy and onto something that makes you smile-even if it is just for a second...seconds turn into minutes and then minutes into hours...just take baby steps...and get through each moment feeling a little bit better about yourself...

Take care,

Teen Spirit

(#3 (permalink)) Old
LlamaLlamaDuck Offline
Llama Lover/Skittle Minion
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Louise

Re: Should I admit myself into the Psych Ward? - October 5th 2010, 10:18 AM

Hey there, Natasha
I'm so sorry you have to go through something like this, especially if people think you just want attention. I know it might be difficult, but at the end of the day, you need to do what's best for you and your health and your wellbeing. Not anyone else's.
If you honestly feel like you are a danger to yourself and you're just not safe anymore, then maybe you could see your doctor, explain what's going on and what you're thinking and see what they say.
They might even just put you in overnight to assess you and find a way to help you.
I know it's hard when people assume you do what you do because you like the attention. But you're better than them. They're wrong and you shouldn't let them get to you.
Take care, and good luck with everything.
PM me if you ever need to talk.

~ Nat

Throw those curtains wide
One day like this a year would see me right

We are the rainbow
Or click here for some grovelling.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
SaveMe Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Natasha

Re: Should I admit myself into the Psych Ward? - October 7th 2010, 04:15 PM

Hey guys, thanks for the advice, just thought I'd let you know I ended up going in. They admitted me downstairs with all adults, but it honestly wasn't bad I met two guys who treated me like their daughter and even watched out for me when my own father was around as the nurses almost had to kick him out cause he was drinking. I was there for a 72 hour assesment but they let me out a little bit early. Thanks for the advice guys!

And she fights so you won't ignore her,
'cause thats her biggest fear.

Support
Love<3

Keep your head up gorgeous,
they'll kill to see you
fall..
  Send a message via AIM to SaveMe  
Closed Thread