TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Frangelina Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Fran

I've Stopped It - October 30th 2010, 06:56 PM

Nearly two weeks ago I stopped taking my Aripiprazole (ABILIFY)
I was on 20mg a day but after a comment from my GP saying that he wouldn't give me any more pain killers for my sore foot incase I took an overdose with them I stopped taking them. I know it sounds stupid and i know im going to be the only one that suffers because of it but so far its going good.

Ive lost [Edited] weight which just proves that it was making me put weight on. My appetite has nearly completely gone.
however Ive totally lost my sleeping pattern and the voices and low self esteem have come back a bit but i love being free of medication just makes me feel like im not a looney.

Ive just been stashing it in my room when my parents have been giving it to me.

I cant do that forever so i think next week im going to refuse to take it off them. Knowing my luck though id relapse as soon as they know im not taking it.

oh well you only live once and i don't wanna spend that life time on medication..
no doctor or psychiatrist has ever told me how long im even going to be on the medication for.
February 2011 will be the 2nd year Ive been on aripiprazole but Ive been on different medication before.

god its shit but oh well.

Chesca xox

LIVE

LOVE

LIFE

Last edited by eunoia; October 31st 2010 at 02:09 AM. Reason: Do not post weight figures anywhere on TeenHelp.

Closed Thread