TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
jstlaxin101 Offline
Jstlaxin101
Welcome me, I'm new!

Am I alone? - November 11th 2010, 02:17 AM

Today when I got home, my parents started interrogating me on what my brother and his friend were doing in the basement with matches. Did I know, yes, did I want to say, no. My mom went off about how she was having a bad day and that she did not need this. Well, I flipped out on her and told her I have a bad day everyday. They say that me being depressed is being spoiled because of everything I have in life. This brings me to my main point; I understand everything I have but it isn't enough reassurance to stop this random pain inside of me that is crying out. I tell them I feel alone and with no friends, they say I do have friends. I tell them I feel bullied, they say maybe your the bully. I tell them I feel depressed, they say there is no reason to be depressed. I cant give a reason why I feel this way, other than NO ONE understands me. Every person I try to open up to someone, they end up never talking to me again. Another thought that goes through my mind is that I'm alone. In school I walk by and everyone has friends, everyone is well liked, the people I try to become friends with(mainly girls).. the guys all are best friends with after I talk to them. I do not fit in with anyone and I have no one to turn too. I feel as if everyone says that we all go through it, but I don't think anyone out there feels the pain that you can't stop and you don't know where it starts. Am I alone?
  Send a message via AIM to jstlaxin101  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Yours Truly Offline
Ashley<3(:
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Ashley

Re: Am I alone? - November 11th 2010, 03:45 AM

You're not alone. You're never alone. No one is. Maybenot everyone has another person they know in the same situation, but maybe someone who can empathize. And theres almost always someone else out there feeling alone. I can relate to what your saying. It sucks. It really does. Feeling alone all the time. It took me awhile to finally get through to my parents about how i was feeling, to get some help. and Thankfully ( i didnt know this at the time) but anxiety and depression.. pretty much every person in my family has it. So i was lucky i had recourses that could help me.

I realize not everyone has that, but there are recourses and places for people to go if they feel they need help.

Whenever you have a doctors appointment with a family doctor or a pediatrician, you you can bring this up. ask to talk to the doctor alone if a family member brings you or somthing. Anything you talk about with a doctor is confidential. Ask them if they have any advice.

Im sure everything will work out.

Give it time, and stay strong. I believe in you. <3

(:

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone is fighting some kind of battle." <3

Feel free to PM/VM me if you ever need someone to talk to, or just want someone to listen. I'm also always up for making new friends.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Philomath Offline
Love is > your mistakes
I can't get enough

Name: Christina

Re: Am I alone? - November 15th 2010, 02:16 AM

No, you definitely are not alone. Though I can't fully relate, because I am not you, I can understand in a why how you are feeling because I know how that feeling is. It hurts to see everyone around you with friends and having fun when it appears you are in the background not getting noticed, that's how I feel anyways. Also, I think you should try talking to your school's counselor about this, maybe that person can help you in getting help or give you suggestions. I know it's hard to get through, but I know it's possible, you have to take each day one day at a time. I think if you get professional help, maybe that would help you because then you would have an outlet where you can have someone to give you advice and be there for you and teach you ways in which to deal with what you feel. I hope I have been of some help to you, if you ever need anything, you can PM me and I'll be glad to help.

"i don't care your intentions. I just want you to know my self-hatred never took me where I wanted to go. At the end of the day...I can pick at the pain but I can't cut it away."

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Finches Offline
I'm All Ears
Average Joe

Re: Am I alone? - November 17th 2010, 01:43 AM

It's hard to be taken seriously when we're young, because parents think our problems are trivial and small compared to the problems we'll encounter when we grow up. While it may be true that our problems as teenagers may be pale in comparison to problems as adults, it should still be a concern because we as young adults don't have the coping mechanisms built yet to deal with them.

Sometimes it might not be the best idea to confide in parents for this very reason. They might shrug it off. I'm sorry that people seem to pass you by. That's what we're here for. You're not alone. It may be that other people around you are also plagued by their own problems. If you want to open up in private, I promise I'll give my full attention. Feel free to PM me.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
CitizenErased Offline
Erase all the memories
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Aidan

Re: Am I alone? - November 29th 2010, 04:35 PM

Your never alone. Stay strong

HelpLINK Mentor:
27/12/2010

LiveHelp Operator
04/01/2011

Wash me away
Clean your body of me
Erase all the memories
They will only bring us pain
And I've seen all I'll ever need

(#6 (permalink)) Old
InnerDarkness Offline
Local Attitude Problem
Average Joe

Name: Ethan

Re: Am I alone? - November 29th 2010, 06:03 PM

Being alone is the worst drawback of being unique. Because you're unique maybe no one will ever understand you. No one understands me either.

I can't undertsand you perfectly, just as you'll never understand me. But I understand what it feels like to have no one who cares about you or understands you.

We are both unique, it's a shame that we are unique in ways that alienate us from the average people. But I don't want to be normal, I don't want to run with the crowd and go agaisnt what I believe or what I like just to have people around me who don't share my beliefs or want to do the things I enjoy. I'm better off alone.

Those people are lucky that they are similar to each other in so many ways. But I'd rather be alone than change who I am.

You're not like me though, maybe you'd prefer to change who you are because you want company so much? But I can't help you there, I have no experiance in doing that.

We are taught never to shed tears, for to shed tears means that you have been defeated by emotion and that simple act of crying proves, without question, that negative emotions are nothing but a burden.

Closed Thread