TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
puala__koala Offline
Average Joe

what shall i do? - November 26th 2010, 08:25 PM

okeiii so i have this thing where i will start getting these really weird hallucinations and stuff. they are usually triggered by panic attacks or my doing drugs or stress. most of the time they last from a minute to an hour or so. but two times they lasted for several months. the first time was just after i turned 14, i started hearing voices and i thought they were ghosts trying to posess me so they could take over my body. i told my friends and they thought i was a schitzo, so i just pretended that i was just fooling around and didnt mention the voices. it continued till i was almost 15.
then two years later i started thinking that everyone hated me. my parents told me that nobody hated me and that my explanations were illogical, but they made perfect sense (nobody wanted to hang out or talk to me). i also thought that there was somebody in the room next to mine (i live in the attic) and that they were constantly spying on me, employed by my parents to make sure i went crazy.
then i had like a week where i snapped cause of all the stress in my life and refused to leave my room.
also, everyother time i get high, i start thinking really weird stuff. like last time i thought that a tree turned into the grim reaper and was about to kill one of my friends. we all started running and some of us got lost. when those of us who got lost returned, i thought that they were all posessed and wanting to convert the rest of us.
so what should i do? i have a therapist but idk if i should tell her because she may diagnose me with something (and i dont like labels)... so idk... plus some of the things i think arent really illogical and may be wrongly classified as paranoid. like how i dont trust anyone because anyone could betray me at any moment. the thing is, anyone COULD betray me at any given moment. soo yeah... help?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Janelle Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Janelle

Re: what shall i do? - November 26th 2010, 11:59 PM

Hallucinations can be triggered by panic attacks, stress, and drugs. Have you ever had any hallucinations when you weren't using any drugs?

Also, is your therapist a psychiatrist? If she isn't I would suggest seeing a psychiatrist who could actually "diagnose" you and treat you with medication if necessary. If I were you, I would want to tell my doctor, even if it meant getting diagnosed with something. A diagnosis doesn't have to label you - you are "puala__koala" or whatever else you go by. You aren't one thing!

The hallucinations must be really distressing and that's good that you are able to recognize now that they aren't real. That makes me think that you don't have a "serious disease" but that something is out of whack in your body!

Closed Thread