TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
doomchild-mls Offline
Just Being Me
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Mandy

Unhappy Something ain't quite right...at all. - January 27th 2011, 09:40 PM

A while ago, something/someone manifested inside of my head.

She calls herself Angels.

She is mean. She can get out of control. She can take over my body at her will.
She does not like my boyfriend. She is in love with my ex-girlfriend. She is angry at me for breaking up with her.

I don't know what she is. All I know is that I can sometimes keep her locked away in my mind, but she knows how to break through.

Send a message via MSN to doomchild-mls Send a message via Skype™ to doomchild-mls 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Katrina Offline
you only live once.
I can't get enough

Name: Katrina

Re: Something ain't quite right...at all. - January 29th 2011, 12:58 PM

Hey Mandy,

I commend you for reaching out and asking for help. In dealing with different issues and getting them sorted out, I think that recognizing that there's something going on is absolutely the first step--so, keep that in mind, Mandy; you're on the right track. (:

You mentioned that this started a while ago... do you remember exactly when it may have started? Were there any other big things that happened/were going on in your life around the same time? Things that may have been a bit hard to cope or deal with, for example? This does sound pretty serious, Mandy; it really does sound like something you need to address with a mental health professional. I realize that many users here believe that's kind of like our "catch all" answer but I want you know I'm using this not as a "catch all" answer, but as a suggestion that I hope you'll take seriously. This sounds like a very scary experience for you, and you are important and should be recognized - you don't have to go through this alone, and I think that in your own best interest AND (I think this is key) in the best interest of your boyfriend and your ex-girlfriend (that is, for everyone's safety), you should really, really consider getting a professional opinion and perhaps looking into therapy of a few different types (and there do seem to be several options--hypnotherapy, psychotherapy, or talk therapy just to name a few)--but these will depend on you and your doctor.

Without suggesting any 'disorder' specifically, I do think its important for you to have information on identity confusion/identity alteration [source]:

Quote:
  • Identity confusion or identity alteration. Both of these involve a sense of confusion about who a person is. An example of identity confusion is when a person sometimes feels a thrill while engaged in an activity (such as reckless driving, DUI, alcohol or drug abuse) which at other times would be revolting. In addition to these apparent alterations, the person may experience distortions in time, place, and situation.
It is now acknowledged that these dissociated states are not fully-mature personalities, but rather they represent a disjointed sense of identity. With the amnesia typically associated with dissociative identity disorder, different identity states remember different aspects of autobiographical information. There is usually a host personality within the individual, who identifies with the person's real name. Ironically, the host personality is usually unaware of the presence of other personalities.
Hope this gives you a bit more information on what identity confusion is so that you may be able to take the next step in your path to recovery. I hope everything works out for you, Mandy. Keep me posted.

Send a message via MSN to Katrina  
Closed Thread