TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
WestboundPuppet Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ramon

Angry I can't take it anymore - April 19th 2011, 07:16 PM

OK, I wasn't sure exactly where this thread belongs. Sorry if I put it in the wrong place.

Anyway, I'm SICK and tired of this. People keep trying to change me. My family keeps taking me to therapists so I can "come out of my shell". Being a quiet person is WHO I AM. Yet no one will accept me for who I am, not even my family. I have tried explaining that I don't want to change but no one will listen to me. They all seem to think they know "what's best for me" and treat me like I don't know myself. The reason people want to change my is because I'm quiet and don't try to make friends, and because of that I got labeled as "antisocial"
by doctors. When in fact I just like being QUIET. And of fucking course I have to see another damn therapist this Thursday.

Not only that. I get bullied every day at school, I have ever since elementary. And no one will do anything! No matter who I tell, they do nothing. Not even my parents. They just tell me "everyone goes through that". Even worse? Everyone tries to blame me for the bullying because I'm quiet and that makes me an "easy target", and it wouldn't happen if I talked to people.

These therapists are NOT helping at all. All they do is try and find something wrong with me. One therapist I went to kept suggesting I'm depressed when I'm not. I eventually got sick of him and just left one day saying I want some time to myself, since everyone keeps trying to push me into social situations, and he calls the police and crisis team. Because he thought I was a "threat to myself and others". What the fuck is that? I can't even go out for a walk? I gave NO signs of being suicidal or homicidal.
Then my parents get mad at me and say I can't just walk out like that. Why not? I just said I wanted some time alone to think and left, and I get the cops called on me. They're just making things worse. I used to talk a lot at home, but now I don't even talk anymore, I just sit and don't say anything in therapy sessions. And the more people try to get me to talk, the more I feel like breaking their fucking neck. Because they won't leave me alone. I'm becoming mute and a very angry person. I'm done trying to explain that to them. I can't take it anymore. I'm ready to kill someone I'm so angry.

Sorry for the long thread. I guess it was really a rant more than anything else, eh?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough

Name: Julz

Re: I can't take it anymore - April 19th 2011, 07:31 PM

Hey Ramon,

If they won't listen to you when you say you're not suicidal, is there a way you can ask to see a different therapist/counselor? Maybe somebody different will be able to give a different perspective, and NOT label you as suicidal. Maybe you could write out a note explaining that you just don't feel comfortable socializing?

Dare to be Different, to be Weird, to be a Freak.
Overall, Dare to be yourself.

Stamp Out Prejudice Hatred and Intolerance Everywhere
The Sophie Lancaster Foundation

(#3 (permalink)) Old
WestboundPuppet Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ramon

Re: I can't take it anymore - April 19th 2011, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
Hey Ramon,

If they won't listen to you when you say you're not suicidal, is there a way you can ask to see a different therapist/counselor? Maybe somebody different will be able to give a different perspective, and NOT label you as suicidal. Maybe you could write out a note explaining that you just don't feel comfortable socializing?
I've seen many counselors and they all think i'm depressed because I never talk to anyone, and when I tell them I'm not they say I can be depressed without knowing it and keep on pressing the subject. And I also tried explaining MANY times I don't like socializing, but they just won't listen to me. I'm at my wits end here...

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough

Name: Julz

Re: I can't take it anymore - April 19th 2011, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestboundPuppet View Post
I've seen many counselors and they all think i'm depressed because I never talk to anyone, and when I tell them I'm not they say I can be depressed without knowing it and keep on pressing the subject.
Well, you're going to either have to talk to them a bit, find a way for them to listen without talking, or let them keep pushing the Depression thing on you.

I can't offer any more advice, since I don't know what to tell you.

Dare to be Different, to be Weird, to be a Freak.
Overall, Dare to be yourself.

Stamp Out Prejudice Hatred and Intolerance Everywhere
The Sophie Lancaster Foundation

Closed Thread