TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives    The Holiday Resource

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Ella.x Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Ella

Borderline Personality Disorder. - August 16th 2011, 08:50 PM

Does it ever end? I'm so sick of the mood swings. I don't think I can cope. I'm barely managing to get up for work these days. All I can think about is either running away or killing myself. It's all too much right now. I could really use some hope. Does anyone have any miraculous recovery stories from BPD?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough

Name: Julz

Re: Borderline Personality Disorder. - August 16th 2011, 11:00 PM

Although I don't have a miraculous recovery story, I can tell you that it will get better. Professional studies show that BPD hits the worst in your 20's, and as you get into your 30's/40's, it gets much more manageable.

I have BPD myself, and I'm 23, so I still struggle a fair bit. My boyfriend helps me through it all, though. I'm sure you've got somebody who can help you, perhaps a friend? Family member?

If not, well, feel free to PM me. Sometimes I'm on more frequently than other times, but I try to reply ASAP.

Dare to be Different, to be Weird, to be a Freak.
Overall, Dare to be yourself.

Stamp Out Prejudice Hatred and Intolerance Everywhere
The Sophie Lancaster Foundation

(#3 (permalink)) Old
BlueWolf Offline
A lost wolf
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Jessica

Re: Borderline Personality Disorder. - August 19th 2011, 05:10 PM

The same goes for me as with Thirteen. I don't have a story either, other than the fact that I am still here and surviving somehow. Maybe that is a miracle. Isn't it for all of us?

You can PM me anytime as well. I am online more often than not.

Self-harm free since 10.1.2013
"You have not failed if you learned something from it."
"Life's not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain"
"Weak heart, Dying soul, Falling apart, Make me whole, These broken blues, Peirce your being, Hide the truth, You won't be seeing."
"Deeper, Deeper, Deeper inside me I live a life that seems to be a lost reality."
"Big Brother is watching."

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Ambedo. Offline
I'm as sane as I ever was.

Outside, huh?

Name: Sam

Re: Borderline Personality Disorder. - August 19th 2011, 09:51 PM

Like the other two users who posted, I don't have a miraculous recovery story. I'm 17 and I still struggle from manic depression. But, the fact that you posted about it means that you do recognize the issue. This means you can fight it. I wasn't able to fight the depression aspect of it for years because I wasn't willing to admit that it was there. When I finally did, I started taking steps to get help. You can do the same. Force yourself out of bed on the days when you just want to melt into it. Talk to someone on the days when you feel completely worthless. I don't know if it ever truly goes away, but you can fight against it. You'll get a little bit stronger every day. PM me if you ever want to talk to someone. Praying for you.

wanderlust consumed her;
foreign hearts & exotic minds compelled her.
she had a gypsy soul
and a vibrant heart for the unknown.
-d. marie

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough

Name: Julz

Re: Borderline Personality Disorder. - August 19th 2011, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovesBrokenDream View Post
Like the other two users who posted, I don't have a miraculous recovery story. I'm 17 and I still struggle from manic depression. But, the fact that you posted about it means that you do recognize the issue. This means you can fight it. I wasn't able to fight the depression aspect of it for years because I wasn't willing to admit that it was there. When I finally did, I started taking steps to get help. You can do the same. Force yourself out of bed on the days when you just want to melt into it. Talk to someone on the days when you feel completely worthless. I don't know if it ever truly goes away, but you can fight against it. You'll get a little bit stronger every day. PM me if you ever want to talk to someone. Praying for you.
Your words are kind, but the topic is Borderline Personality Disorder.

Dare to be Different, to be Weird, to be a Freak.
Overall, Dare to be yourself.

Stamp Out Prejudice Hatred and Intolerance Everywhere
The Sophie Lancaster Foundation

(#6 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: Borderline Personality Disorder. - August 20th 2011, 02:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
Your words are kind, but the topic is Borderline Personality Disorder.
My guess is she either 1) assumed there was a depression component to BPD, or 2) read that many people with BPD also suffer from depression.

To the OP: Like Julz said, BPD tends to decrease in severity as you grow older. I know that may not seem very comforting at the moment, but it shows that your hard work is not in vain. Hang in there, and keep reaching out to your loved ones/psychological professionals/support groups.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Ella.x Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Borderline Personality Disorder. - August 23rd 2011, 12:42 PM

Thanks guys. I'm really struggling today as it's my first day off work in like 3 weeks, so I don't have much to distract myself with. I actually feel like I'm going crazy right now. My mind is all over the place and the urge to hurt myself is overwhelming. It's midday and I've just started drinking to try and dull my mind. I can't be patient anymore. I don't want to wait another 10-20 years just for my symptoms to ease off. I've decided that if there is no improvement over the next few months, I am going to kill myself on my 21st birthday. I have just over 8 months to plan it right down to the smallest detail. I am going to join the 10% of people with BPD who successfully commit suicide. I am going to be selfish. I am fed up. I don't want to be a pain in the arse anymore.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Evanescent Offline
Love Is The Movement
I've been here a while

Name: Nicole (Nikki)

Re: Borderline Personality Disorder. - August 24th 2011, 09:24 PM

I don't have a recovery story. I still struggle every second of every day. I'm constantly thinking about self-harm and suicide. The mood swings are difficult. Have you ever tried DBT ? I'm in DBT and though it's not a cure, it does help sometimes.

"Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you'll land among the stars."

"For those who don't care, for those who can't see, never give up, always thrive to be free."

Smile, you are beautiful www.operationbeautiful.com

Blessed Be!
Nicole AKA Nikki
Artist, Poet, and Future Social Worker

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Ella.x Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Borderline Personality Disorder. - August 26th 2011, 07:59 PM

So I cut myself on tuesday and had to have 11 stitches in total. I still feel like crap, still want to cut, still want to die. I don't think I can wait until my birthday. I am weak. I can't fight this anymore. I'm on the waiting list for DBT, but it could be years until I start it. I've spent all afternoon researching suicide methods and I've gotten it down to a couple of different ways. I just need to perfect the plan. I don't want to be a burden anymore.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: Borderline Personality Disorder. - August 29th 2011, 02:43 AM

You ARE strong, Ella, and if you spent your time working toward self-improvement instead of self-destruction, the BPD could become more manageable for you. I'm not saying everything will be rainbows and unicorns - BPD, like many mental illnesses, is something you need to maintain for the rest of your life. There is NO reason why your life can't be long and fulfilling, though. It doesn't have to end at 20 or 21 years old. You don't have to be one of the 10%, because you're one of the 90% who has something or someone to live for. It may not be easy, and you may feel like giving up on some days, but it CAN get better with time.

If you find yourself contemplating suicide, why not call the police and request therapy while being held on suicide watch? It's not much, but it's a start, and every little bit counts. You may also be able to start regular therapy, whether DBT or otherwise, with someone thanks to a referral from that hospital. If they know you are at immediate risk, there is no reason why they would make you wait years, let alone months, for assistance.

Closed Thread