TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
rizz Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Rhiannon

Question worried about my mental health - January 2nd 2012, 02:43 AM

hi,
well for the last 2 years my mental health hasn't been that bad...not great but good. but in the last few weeks iv'e gotten moody, down, i'm always tired, and i just always want to be left alone to do nothing. afew days ago i ran off for the first time in 5 yrs. last night my husband and i were talking and he thinks i need to go to the drs and be put on medication but i don't know if i want to because i have 2 children but 4 step kids in care and DHS have already told me that they don't want us to have the kids coz they are worried that i'll go backwards mentally so im worried that if i do and they find out we'll lose the kids but i'm worried that if i don't that'll be the end of me and my partner and i also don't want to go back to the way i use to be.

i just don't know what to do

Luv those who cannot luv themselves
Giv a hug to a friend
Luv those who luv u bak
Blow a kiss times ten
Luv is everywhere u look
Around every corner

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Music Offline
Thoroughly medicated
I've been here a while

Name: Richard

Re: worried about my mental health - January 2nd 2012, 07:06 AM

I'll tell you now that they can't take away your kids for actively seeking treatment but they can take them away if you don't.
I would go to the doctors.
  Send a message via MSN to Music  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
rizz Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Rhiannon

Re: worried about my mental health - January 2nd 2012, 09:41 AM

my own 2 they cant but because my step kids are already in care DHS can make those decisions with out it having to go to court and they have already warned me about my mental health going backwards

Luv those who cannot luv themselves
Giv a hug to a friend
Luv those who luv u bak
Blow a kiss times ten
Luv is everywhere u look
Around every corner

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Millarw12 Offline
Not a n00b

Re: worried about my mental health - January 2nd 2012, 02:23 PM

I agree, you should take action and show you are strong and capable enough to look after yourself, as well as your kids, by making sure you are all ok. There is no weakness at all in seeking help. It is a strength that a lot of people don't have.

Go and see a doctor, even if they don't pescribe you medication, it still shows that you're strong and are actively trying to make sure you are as fit a mother as possible.

"Do not regret anything. Every choice, fuck up, spoken word, experience and emotion has brought you to this very moment. It has shaped exactly who you are. Do not regret who you are. You are unique. No one in the world is like you. In this sense, we are alone. Yet for this very reason, we all have one thing in common. Don't waste who you are, be everything you can be. You can achieve your dreams, you just have to genuinely try."

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Music Offline
Thoroughly medicated
I've been here a while

Name: Richard

Re: worried about my mental health - January 2nd 2012, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizz View Post
my own 2 they cant but because my step kids are already in care DHS can make those decisions with out it having to go to court and they have already warned me about my mental health going backwards
Going to a doctor is a sign of going forwards not backwards. Not going to a doctor shows them that you can't make that responsible decision and that's when they would probably look into taking away children.

Problems don't always go away on their own, sometimes we need a little helping hand with things. They don't discourage you from getting help and their not just hiding around a corner waiting to grab your kids. They want what's best for all of you and that includes medical care of any sort.

They really would be more inclined to take the children if you didn't go because linear thought would state if you're not responsible enough to take yourself to the doctor when you know you need it then who's to say you wouldn't do the same to the children. I know you wouldn't, but do they?
  Send a message via MSN to Music  
Closed Thread