TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
lumbrirus Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Help - November 6th 2012, 02:53 AM

Usually when I come home from school, instead of eating, I go to bed. I can be really hungry, yet I don't eat because I don't want to (I mean, I don't feel the desire. The food can be the tastiest, it just won't feel tasty at the time for me). I don't eat properly until the dawn, when I eat everything I can. I feel guilty, because I don't want to get fat, but I can't stop eating a bit of everything I find until I feel so bad I almost vomit.
However, I don't really starve myself. If I feel hungry, I drink chocolate milk (is it right to say that?) and if I'm too tired to make the drink, I get a fork and eat a bit of rice. I just don't have discipline.
When I'm in lunches with my friends or family, I eat. But my stomach can't take too much and I usually eat more (yet, I eat the less I can without giving someone the chance to complain of how I don't eat much) than I can take. If the food seems tasty, I eat a lot of it even knowing that I can't take that much without feeling really bad and having to vomit (I do not vomit. Ever. Yet, I feel so much pain that sometimes I wish I did).
I don't do this because I don't wanna get fat. Yet I don't, I do this because... well, I don't know why. It's just routine. I do without thinking. Yet, I'm not proud of it. So I thought someone could help me. Would you, please?

Ps: Sorry for my English
PPs: When I said "bad", I mean sick. I feel physical pain, not emotional or anything like that.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
SparklingWine Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Re: Help - November 13th 2012, 03:12 PM

First, I want to sincerely apologize for your lack of responses on your thread. I know how it feels to not have the support you're looking for. I truly didn't see this until yesterday. I hope you can forgive me!

Second. I think it would be in your benefit to examine WHY you do this. Is it emotional? Because whenever we partake in odd patterns (whether it be eating or something else), it's usually closely linked with something else. Something drives the behavior. I think that in order to stop this unusual eating pattern, you have to figure out what's causing it. How long have you been eating this way? Because if it's been for a long time it either A) Is what you're used to, and you picked it up at a young age or B) You're simply just used to this for one reason or another.

I think it would help to be on a regular diet that you stick to. Because if you regulate your eating habits, then your body is likely to cooperate with you and not feel so sick when you eat. I suggest going to your doctor and discuss what you've told us with them. They can help to create a healthy eating plan for you that you AND your body are happy with. Also, while eating healthy and regularly is good, finding out WHY your eating habits are like they are is important. I suggest that you talk to a counselor. They can help you figure it all out.

All in all, you need to regulate your eating and the rest is likely to fall into place. And if you DO end up going to the doctor, ask for other options that can help!

Take care<3

Send a message via AIM to SparklingWine Send a message via MSN to SparklingWine  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
CorsaDan Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Help - November 13th 2012, 06:51 PM

Completely agree with the above user. I myself had dietary problems about a year ago, i spoke to my doctor who put me through to a dietician who theb helped me create a eating and excercise plan. Plus ibhad regular visits with an advisor to keep my mind on track. :-) i know it sounds awful and full on but it was really easy and simple and also beneficial :-)

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Lori8118 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Lori

Re: Help - November 21st 2012, 04:15 PM

Eating disorders can be tough, especially when you don't know what is causing you to resort to them. Although people want to be skinny, eating disorders can sometimes be physchological issues. I know from experience; I'm bulimic, and for me it's also the feeling of being in control of something. However, even if you don't throw up and you do eat sometimes, eating disorders can be deadly. Try talking about it with someone, like a friend or trusted adult. Talking always helps Try to progressively eat more each day, an if you're worried about getting "fat", eat things like salads and chicken and stuff. Stay strong, eating disorders are tough things to beat, but it's better to live without them. Good luck!

Closed Thread