TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Beating the odds ~
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Mads

Question Binge eating? - June 8th 2013, 09:26 PM

So this school year has been really stressful for me. Not only was it my first year of high school [and now it's finally over], but I've been dealing with a lot; a lot of things that were stressful and dealt heavily with my emotions.
  1. A lot of health problems, one in particular that's literally wrecking me from all the worry. I'm going to the doctor's on Tuesday though...so yay...
  2. Just my family in general; my mom keeps dropping hints that I'm getting a bit on the 'bigger' side, yet my doctors have told me that I'm a healthy weight for my age and height. My brother's and mother's constant arguing is getting on my nerves, and I'm going to admit it--I hate both of them. So much.
  3. A lot of relationship stuff; with friends, boys, etc. Just last week I had a fight with my friend because I told her something, and she told someone else that. Blah blah blah, overall, I've just been having problems.
  4. A lot of insecurity stuff.
When I was younger, I was always known as the girl who ate a lot. I was never obese/over weight, and never even close or in danger of being one of those two. My mom always says I eat too much, and I know that some people are the same way, they eat a lot. My question is, is do you guys think I have a binge eating disorder? Most of my eating is from stress/depression, I know that much, and I've woken up/stayed up until 12 am, 1 am, 2 am, and just ate. Non-stop. I've cooked full pizzas and have eaten the whole thing, eaten half a tub of ice cream in one sitting, eat all the candy in my sight, whole cans of soup, bags of family-sized chips; all really, really fast. And usually all under an hour. Sometimes my stomach hurts, but I keep eating, even if I feel like I'm about to vomit. And I'd just continue to stuff myself until I fall asleep or someone wakes up and I run back to my room, or just until I'm too tired. Sometimes I cry during these episodes, sometimes I'm so mad I'm shaking, and later I just feel disgusted and angry in myself. Sometimes I won't eat the day later.
Overall, this is really bothering me. I'm involved in soccer and wrestling, both in which I need to stay fit, and in wrestling, I need to be able to maintain the same weight throughout the season[s]. It's also causing friction between me and my mom.
Has anyone else had/still has this same problem? And what do you suggest I do?

"Don't tell me you're not beautiful. You're the kind of beautiful the blind would see if we could figure out some way to give them three seconds of sight." -- Shane Koyczan

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I can't get enough

Name: Sarah

Re: Binge eating? - June 8th 2013, 09:41 PM

I'm not someone who can say if you have a diroder as I'm no doctor but binge eating is a way of expression and a way of dealing with pain. As you do sports you'll also have a higher matabolism rate which means you have to eat a lot anyway but the stress and emotional strain is actually what's causing you to want to binge eat.

No matter whatever comments your mum makes about your weight, tell her how it is and tell her to back off. It's your body and I'm sure you already know your own size, you don't need her to state the obvious. Your mum needs to be more supportive. Find a way of getting her to become supportive because right now all she's doing is enhancing your issues with her comments.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Beating the odds ~
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Mads

Re: Binge eating? - June 8th 2013, 09:47 PM

Thanks for the advice.

"Don't tell me you're not beautiful. You're the kind of beautiful the blind would see if we could figure out some way to give them three seconds of sight." -- Shane Koyczan

Closed Thread