TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
_Headphones_ Offline
Music Lover

Outside, huh?

Name: Frankie<3

SO FAT - April 20th 2015, 05:46 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of eating disorders, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I have not restricted in a couple of months and have not purged in about 4-5 months. I am so sick of being fat and ugly. I hate looking in the mirror and seeing a person who is fat ugly and just disgusting looking. I want to start purging and restricting again. I know the side effects of the purging but i still want to do it. Restricting yeah it has side effects but I'm so fat that it can't harm me right now. I could literally starve myself for weeks and it wouldn't harm me because I'm obese. I just don't know. My therapist would get mad and yell at me probably and yeah. I just don't know what to do anymore. I am out of control.

Don't lose who you are, in the blur of the stars
Seeing is deceiving, dreaming is believing,
It's okay not to be okay
Sometimes it's hard, to follow your heart
Tears don't mean you're losing, everybody's bruising,
Just be true to who you are
|Member 2007||Senior Community Mentor||Social Media Guru||Resource & Newsletter Editor||Writer||Chat Mod|
|Forum Mod: LGBT, Sexuality and gender identity, Eating Disorders, Self-Harm, Peer Pressure and Bullying, Disability, Good Days, Friends & Family|
|PM/VM|

(#2 (permalink)) Old
crotia Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: SO FAT - April 22nd 2015, 02:52 PM

You're therapist won't get mad. Relapse is normal. You should try to tell her though and fight the urges. Think about how far you've come.

Helping others sometimes makes it easier to feel good about yourself and help yourself.

So PM me if You want.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
_Headphones_ Offline
Music Lover

Outside, huh?

Re: SO FAT - April 28th 2015, 02:08 AM

Can someone please help?

It's okay not to be okay
|Member 2007||Senior Community Mentor||Social Media Guru||Resource & Newsletter Editor||Writer||Chat Mod|
|Forum Mod: LGBT, Sexuality and gender identity, Eating Disorders, Self-Harm, Peer Pressure and Bullying, Disability, Good Days, Friends & Family|
|PM/VM|

(#4 (permalink)) Old
crotia Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: SO FAT - April 29th 2015, 08:10 AM

You need to try to fight the voice. Also are you really overweight or do you just feel like you are? You can do this. And I really must ecourage you to talk to your therapist. She really won't get mad at you.

Helping others sometimes makes it easier to feel good about yourself and help yourself.

So PM me if You want.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Theaweseomrguy Offline
Average Joe

Name: Jake

Re: SO FAT - April 29th 2015, 11:14 AM

Maybe try writing a diary on what your feeling may help right now but, you should really feel comfortable telling your therapist. I know it's scary. She can't help you if you don't tell her what the problems are or if you are relapsing. Also relapse is normal it sucks but it's normal, when you think your done and never going to do it again it's hard to understand that. If you can't talk to your therapist about it you should maybe have someone that you trust talk to her for you. Also if you need to talk you can Pm or vm me.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
_Headphones_ Offline
Music Lover

Outside, huh?

Re: SO FAT - April 30th 2015, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crotia View Post
You need to try to fight the voice. Also are you really overweight or do you just feel like you are? You can do this. And I really must ecourage you to talk to your therapist. She really won't get mad at you.
I am considered obese doctor said.
I don't see my therapist until like the 17th of next month or something.

It's okay not to be okay
|PM/VM|

(#7 (permalink)) Old
crotia Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: SO FAT - April 30th 2015, 02:42 PM

Ok,
Is there a possibility that you make an earlier appointment.
Also losing weight while recovering from an ed is possible. Just make sure you do it with an dietitian who knows about ed's. If that is an option at least. Go talk with your GP about it or something.

So PM me if You want.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Name: you can call me Rina

Re: SO FAT - April 30th 2015, 03:27 PM

P.S. - Sorry for getting to this late I haven't been on TH in awhile.

I'm obese and suffer from similar feelings all of the time, they have been at bay for awhile but they seem to be coming back a lot lately. I want to say I understand, but I'm not going to since we all go down different paths and it just doesn't help sometime to be told that everyone understands when we really don't. We really haven't talked before so I don't know if it's accurate, but from what I've seen posted on TH by you it seems like you've been struggling with EDNOS for awhile. Sometimes trying to cope with an ED probably isn't the best since you just spend your life coping not being free of the problems or at least better. What I mean by that it is good that you're are trying to get help, but just doing SH alternatives and coping skills don't always work. A lot of people seem to suggest them including me. I've just heard about exposure therapy for OCD and other disorders since I deal with them. I just looked up exposure therapy and it seems like it might work for eating disorders as well. I'm not a doctor so if you want to talk about it or try it you might want to get advice on it from your therapist or doctor. It probably sounds crazy for the reason of nobody really wants to expose themselves to something that is causing them such pain. But I see it as if you've been coping and dealing with it for a long time and nothing else is working you might want to try something else. Also like I said before when you just cope with you've problems you learn to live with them, but if you try and tackle them dead on for some people it might work. I'm not saying it will work for everyone but it's worth giving an trying specially if you're at your breaking point in treatment. I just want to make it clear though that using coping skills aren't a bad thing I just think that it doesn't work all by it's self. It might be helpful to try doing both, and take a risk. I'm always here if you ever want to talk.

More information about Exposure Therapy:
http://www.eatingdisorderhope.com/tr...on-therapy-erp

As well as some recovery tips:
http://www.eatingdisordersanonymous.org/recovery.html

Relapse Prevention:
http://www.eatingdisorderhope.com/recovery/self-help-tools-skills-tips/relapse

Recovery Hope/ Stories of Hope:
http://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/stories-of-hope

Also information on Eating Disorders and Obesity:
I tried to find something on this topic, but sadly I couldn't find anything. If I see something on it I'll let you know.

Last edited by ~Creative Disaster~; April 30th 2015 at 06:18 PM.

Closed Thread