TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Name: Kayla

I just don't know what to do. Maybe triggering - April 28th 2015, 04:22 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of eating disorders, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

For the past few years I've struggled with my weight and eating. I either binged or didn't eat anything at all. Food controls my damn life and I am so sick of it. I wanted control that's mostly why I stopped eating. I just wanted to control something in my life but now I'm not in control, the food is. I don't want to live like this I want my life back. I want to lose weight the healthy way I want to be happy. I want to recover from this but I need support from my friends none of them know and I'm afraid that because I'm so big no one will take this seriously. I just don't know what to do.

sometimes you gotta fall before you fly.
I believe that we all fall down sometimes

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Kindred Offline
You can handle anything
I've been here a while

Name: Eyeliner Failure

Re: I just don't know what to do. Maybe triggering - April 29th 2015, 12:59 AM

Hey,

Eating disorders don't discriminate by weight and I think that's really important for you to know. They're equally dangerous regardless of weight and treatment should be a massive priority right now. You've said this has gone on for a while and I implore you to seek help from a therapist or counselor. You have the want to get better and that's really good, hopefully you'll be able to make changes and get through this.

Food intake is a dangerous thing to mess with as I'm sure you're very aware of. It's really scary when it feels like you've lost control and something else is controlling your life, but you can take it back. There will be a time where you won't struggle as much with food and eating and weight if you make it a priority to seek treatment. It's not fair that you have to live like this and you really deserve to feel a lot better. I wish I could make you feel better but I can't. I will say however that we're all right here behind you and we'll support you during recovery- any questions, just ask. Loads of us can empathize with you

Seeking treatment will likely lead to an evaluation where you might be asked what you think will best help you, or a doctor may develop a treatment plan for you. Your opinion will be taken into account in all steps assuming you co-operate and do what you need to do. A doctor is there on your side, to help you regain control of your life. If you need to lose weight a doctor will help you, if you need to learn to accept yourself as you are a doctor will help there too. You'll be supported throughout everything because this is a horrible thing to go through.

Be brave. You can make a change <3

Take as long as you need.

Closed Thread