TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Can you hear the silence?
Senior TeenHelper

Christmas has ruined my life - December 26th 2016, 02:29 PM

Guys I'm in a really bad place at the moment =(

I'm currently being Discriminated at work for having a learning disability so I'm currently under fire in that area

And to make matters worse I HAVE JUST BINGED FOR 4 MAYBE 5 DAYS OVER CHRISTMAS OH MY GOD

I have always had an eating disorder all my life but I've always been kicking its ass fur the last few months I had a lovely toned body from having an active healthy life style and all this yummy food over Christmas has just took over my brain and fucked me up I can't stop crying

Now my question is how do I bring myself not to weigh myself for atleast a week or maybe even Friday I just can't afford another mental break down

Why is this hoilday season so terrifying for anorexics and other eating disorders

I'm gonna plan my healthy diet and keep active but I'm just so terrified can anyone relate?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
~Radio Flyer~ Offline
Please call that story back.

I've been here a while

Name: Violet

Re: Christmas has ruined my life - January 9th 2017, 03:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bringmethehorizon♥ View Post
Guys I'm in a really bad place at the moment =(

I'm currently being Discriminated at work for having a learning disability so I'm currently under fire in that area

And to make matters worse I HAVE JUST BINGED FOR 4 MAYBE 5 DAYS OVER CHRISTMAS OH MY GOD

I have always had an eating disorder all my life but I've always been kicking its ass fur the last few months I had a lovely toned body from having an active healthy life style and all this yummy food over Christmas has just took over my brain and fucked me up I can't stop crying

Now my question is how do I bring myself not to weigh myself for atleast a week or maybe even Friday I just can't afford another mental break down

Why is this hoilday season so terrifying for anorexics and other eating disorders

I'm gonna plan my healthy diet and keep active but I'm just so terrified can anyone relate?

Hey Justin,
I am sorry for the late reply, but thank you for reaching out here. I know it can be hard to do.

I am sorry to hear about the discrimination at work. I think I saw in your other thread that things did not turn out well. I am wondering if there's a disability advocacy organization that you know about in your area that you can reach out to on what to do next for protecting yourself if something like this were to happen again.

It is really great that you've been doing well for a while, and although you relapsed, please remember that relapse is part of recovery. Recovery is not linear and looks different for each person. I recently slipped up from free from cutting for 3 months, 1 week and 2 days and I was upset about that but I realized that slip ups will happen and that's okay. I know that part of having an eating disorder, may be perfectionist thinking, or all or nothing thinking. So if someone makes one mistake, they'd feel lost of control and go the entire way into a relapse. I remember some people at school would tell me they'd rather get an F for a grade than a B+. Meaning, they either want an A+ or an F. And while I understand the sentiment as I've experienced it myself, (I self-sabotage a lot but in terms of disordered eating: I would try to starve and if I gave into my hunger, I would end up feeling helpless and binge) it is not a realistic way to look at recovery and certainly not a way to treat yourself. You deserve kindness and compassion, so I'm going to repeat what I've been told time and again and say that as hard as it is, try to not be so hard on yourself. Think about how you would react if someone had this same situation, and if you are not hard on them, then that's a sign to not be hard on yourself either!

I am wondering, since it's been a couple of weeks, how things have been for you since then? Have you had the chance to speak to a doctor or mental health professional about the recent relapse?

Closed Thread