TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
lost_chil Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Alice

Exclamation Help... - March 8th 2010, 11:32 PM

Alright well not much to say... I've taken a turn for the worse... Last time I ate was at... Umm... 7 am... It's now almost 9 pm. I had one pb sandwhich, almost no pb...Anyways... I am not hungry, skipped lunch, and not eating supper... I don't know if I am eating breakfast tomorrow or not... I have no idea... I need help... I don't know what to do... I can't tell my mom or step dad because they wouldn't understand...Actually, going to have a slice or two of pizza... But probably going to purge...

We May Be Miles Apart. But Your Always Closer To The Moon. And Brighter Than The Stars

PM me anytime! =D

Last edited by Jen; March 9th 2010 at 10:30 PM. Reason: Removing trigger warning due to new prefix guidelines
  Send a message via MSN to lost_chil Send a message via Skype™ to lost_chil 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Blabla Offline
Banned
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Help... - March 9th 2010, 12:47 AM

I am to. Verryy skinny. Im a guy but i bought some muscle drink stuff. Its got alot of calories to make up for the food i dont eat. Its helpd alot because im at least able to drink a cup of that a day. Not even. And it keept my weight in check. Hope i helped. Try eating alot of calories if you feel you are not going to eat later on. Whole milk. Pizza. Pasta. Good luck

(#3 (permalink)) Old
lost_chil Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Alice

Exclamation I need help BIG TIME!!!! - March 9th 2010, 01:32 PM

Okay, as you can see by my sig, and my last post, thats how last night ended... I had a small bowl of cereal this morning... I am shaking really bad, it's hard to breath, and overall I feel like I'm going to faint...

I can NOT eat! I don't know why! My body refuses to let me eat. I think of food, I want to throw up right now. I can NOT do this anymore... I am on almost no food, for the past 3 days... And I think I am going to pass out...

I need help, but don't know how to seek it... I want to go talk to our health nurse/cousulor type person here... But affraid she will tell my mom and everyone... I feel really sick... I can't eat... I don't know what to do anymore...

We May Be Miles Apart. But Your Always Closer To The Moon. And Brighter Than The Stars

PM me anytime! =D

Last edited by Jen; March 9th 2010 at 10:32 PM. Reason: Removing trigger warning due to new prefix guidelines
  Send a message via MSN to lost_chil Send a message via Skype™ to lost_chil 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
tally Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Natalyia

Re: I need help BIG TIME!!!! - March 9th 2010, 07:18 PM

I was where you are now. Have you tried to write it down? Something that helped me tell someone is writing it in a note and giving it to someone. It was hard for me to talk about it and I chickened out way too often, so I wrote the note and stuck it in her inbox and that way I couldn't go and get it back out without someone asking me what I was doing messing around in a teacher's box or whatever. Ask if you can talk with her and have her hold off on talking with your parents.....
I hope this helps some. I'm not very good with giving advice but I had to say something because I know what it's like to be where you are. I will answer any question you have....

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Jen Offline
Dance in the rain
I've been here a while

Name: Jen

Re: Help... - March 9th 2010, 10:31 PM

Alice,

Does anybody know about what's going on? If you're posting, it's because you're concerned about your eating habits. How can we best support you--what kind of advice are you looking for?

I would really like to encourage you to talk to SOMEONE, even if it's not your parents. As I'm sure you are aware, the longer you go without eating regularly, the harder it is to get back on track. Having support (e.g., from a teacher, guidance counselor) can be helpful and also necessary.

Take good care of yourself.
<3

"Do not ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and then go do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive."

“if nothing changed, there’d be no butterflies”

Send a message via MSN to Jen  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
eil_lse Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Help... - March 19th 2010, 02:14 PM

oh you're just like me..
i cant seek for help in rl life because im just so afraid that everyone will know about it . i do not wantt to let me family know about this at all.. and i've been not eating either . its not as bad as i cant eat but i cant stand food staying inside me . its like telling me that its gonna be adding on another inch of my waist and i really cant stand that .
sigh , dont know what to do either .

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Rosiee Offline
Average Joe

Name: Rosie

Re: Help... - March 19th 2010, 08:22 PM

many people are struggling with the idea of being the "perfect" weight. it's all thanks to the media, thanks..One of my closest friends had the same-ish problem, she used to cut her toast into tiny pieces so her body thought it was eating more, when frankly it dosen't, it's not all the stupid you know (; and then make herself sick....
Seriously, eating less food is worse then eating the right amount of the right foods! You can get really ill.
ever heard of malnutrition? It's nothing like starvation which most people think it's to do with, you can be eating as much food as you want and feeling full, but your body is crying out for more "vitamin C" or whatever you are lacking in...
I am not saying you arn't eating the right amount of foods! I'm just saying skipping meals isn't going to help on the way to getting worse.
I still miss out on breakfast so i'm not being a hypocrit! and i hate myself for not eating breakfast, but whenever i eat anything i feel mighty sick! (might be because i have to wake up at 6:30 haha) But i went through a stage of having half a piece of toast and eating it on the bus on the way to school which helped and i felt alot more awake and healthier, but, i stopped and now i feel awful! :S
But, if you take things slow, and try to eat 3 main meals a day, it can improve everything! The thing that i sometimes do is end up binge eating, and i'm the kinda person that dosen't gain weight easily, but i know my body isn't enjoying it hehe
Try and look for some nice recipies that maybe you and your mum could make together? Like healthy biscuits or even try making dinner for you and your family, this usually helps me because i'm making food i enjoy to eat. Or talk to someone, i know it's really hard! But it's not as if they are going to hunt you down! Who are you closer with? Go talk to them about it, or who is more relaxed about this kind of thing? The more support you have the easier it is to get on the right track

If you ever wanna talk about this you know where i am

"When you are in Love you can't fall asleep because reality is better than your dreams."

Closed Thread