TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Magic. Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Poppy

I don't understand this ... - April 4th 2010, 08:18 PM

I've not been able to exercise recently because of health issues and my appetite has gone down the pan. I've posted before about my feeling sick when I eat, and that is still going on.I've never had a massive appetite, but I can go for days barely eating and not even notice at the moment - in the past three days I've eaten two apples, a bread roll and a creme egg, but I didn't notice that until someone asked me.
Everyone keeps saying I look like I'm losing weight, but I haven't lost any number wise. I've spoken to my doctor because I'm slim and have to keep weight up and he says it's all fine, but physically I am losing a lot. I have clothes that fitted a month ago that now hang off me ... how can that be if I haven't lost weight??

You can't move mountains by whispering at them.

Take a look at my art here:
http://attemptedart.tumblr.com/

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Eljoria Offline
I'mAlwaysHereHelping. (:
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Jade

Re: I don't understand this ... - April 4th 2010, 09:21 PM

Wow that's a amazing theory you've got there. Its the main parts of the body that thins out if your not losing weight. I do anatomy, the muscles in the body gets quite thinner and thats how it works. I guess.

If it's not the above then it's a natural way, like my friend he eats alot but he stays really thin. :/

If anything else, feel free to PM me.
  Send a message via MSN to Eljoria  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Magic. Offline
I've been here a while

Re: I don't understand this ... - April 5th 2010, 08:09 AM

What theory? In my head if I'm thinning out, like if my muscles are then surely I would lose some weight numbers wise ...
I do get the eating a lot thing though - metabolism. But I don't wat much at all :\

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Casey. Offline
Dance with me
I can't get enough

Name: Casey

Re: I don't understand this ... - April 7th 2010, 05:30 AM

Check your scale? It could be wrong or broken? Also, you can lose inches without losing weight, but that rarely happens, usually you lose both together. I know you say you have trouble noticing when you don't eat, so maybe set an alarm on your phone to remind you to eat something, even if it is small?

Just hang in there

She whispered to her own reflection "I will be strong."

"I am not what has happened to me.I am what I have chosen to become."- Carl Jung

"If ye harm none, do as ye wish."

Sometimes things just happen.

Smile through the tears.

PM me

Send a message via Yahoo to Casey.  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
emma01 Offline
Hello :D
I've been here a while

Name: Emma

Re: I don't understand this ... - April 7th 2010, 07:11 AM

Well the only thing I can think of is water weight? I am guessing you have obviously been drinking? Well when did you weigh yourself? If you did it at night after drinking quite a bit during the day, well the numbers will be higher, if you weighed yourself in the morning after being to the toilet and you still haven't lost something, then maybe the clothes have just stretched or something! Man I really dont know! Its very unusual that that happens, I really reckon it is water weight, because at night I can have put on a lot of 'weight' then I go to the toilet in the morning and it has all gone! Sometimes the numbers drop a hell of an amount!

(#6 (permalink)) Old
glittermist Offline
Modal Soul
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Lisa

Re: I don't understand this ... - April 7th 2010, 08:48 PM

Hey,

Perhaps your stomach has shrunk and therefore, obviously you don't feel as hungry. I would suggest eating small meals throughout the day rather than the big main ones as sometimes a lot of food can be off-putting. If you eat slowly throughout the day, it will provide you with the energy and nutrients needed to function and also make your stomach stretch out a bit and hopefully go back to normal. You should ideally talk to your doctor about this, perhaps your lack of hunger could be the result of a medication you are on, in which case medications would have to be switched.

Take care.

& it's just like she's in another world.
[<3]

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Magic. Offline
I've been here a while

Re: I don't understand this ... - April 8th 2010, 09:12 AM

I saw my doctor again yesterday. He is a bit worried because according to his scales I've put on [Edited by Jen] but I look much thinner than usual. He's told me to eat tiny meals to "teach" my stomach to eat again, I'm finding it hard because it's still making me sick, but I'm trying He's also doing blood tests to check my thyroid and for anemia / diabetes etc.
I do drink a lot, but I usually weigh first thing so nothing will affect it ... this was recommended by the doctor, because my mas making me record it so she can see if I lose weight.

Last edited by Jen; April 8th 2010 at 02:27 PM. Reason: Please don't post weight numbers, they violate the ToS

Closed Thread