TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Maryann

Getting help?? - April 8th 2010, 02:43 AM

Sooo my Guidance counselor is recommending i get back into counseling...can anyone tell me what i can expect if i do get help???

Proud Pentecostal Girl

RIP big brother
pfc. Bradley Shane Coleman
9/22/84-10/29/08
my class ring. orange ribbon 4 si awarness!!!! i love my ring!!
  Send a message via MSN to butterflygirl_13 Send a message via Yahoo to butterflygirl_13  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Name: Missy

Re: Getting help?? - April 8th 2010, 06:36 AM

Hey! It would be really beneficial for you to at least try counseling. It has helped me so much in this whole ED recovery process. What exactly are your concerns about it?

I expected to be judged and interrogated but it's not like that at all. They are very understanding and now how to make you open up and don't press you for information you aren't ready or willing to share. Of course the treatment will vary depending on the particular person you see but it is definitely worth a shot.

Much in little.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Casey. Offline
Dance with me
I can't get enough

Name: Casey

Re: Getting help?? - April 9th 2010, 01:52 AM

Hey Maryann,

Every counselor is different, and sometimes it can take a few tries to find a good one. You can expect for them not to judge you, to treat you with respect, and to not look down on you because you need help. It's actually perfectly okay to need help, we all do. Really, just go as yourself and talk to them, I know it can be scary sometimes, but give it a shot.

Good luck.

She whispered to her own reflection "I will be strong."

"I am not what has happened to me.I am what I have chosen to become."- Carl Jung

"If ye harm none, do as ye wish."

Sometimes things just happen.

Smile through the tears.

PM me

Send a message via Yahoo to Casey.  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
*dreaming
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ellie

Re: Getting help?? - April 10th 2010, 07:25 PM

Hey Maryann, as many have said, where ever you go and whoever you go to see will generally be different, so it's not really possible to say what exactly it's going to be like. They're likely to go though things with you such as your thought processes and trying to explain and try and make you understand the negative processes to try and stop them from happening.

I'm sure it seems like a really daunting thought at the moment of going to see a councillor, something different always seems frightening but I'm sure it wont be as bad as you're exciting it to be and once you go I'm sure that you'll be glad that you went and in the long run it might help you a lot more than you think it will.

Let me know if you need anything, take care.
Ellie x

Closed Thread