TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Eating Disorders (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f15-eating-disorders/)
-   -   I tried to telling somone I need help :( (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f15-eating-disorders/t54635-i-tried-telling-somone-i-need-help/)

iloveyou5 September 11th 2010 06:55 AM

I tried to telling somone I need help :(

I tried telling my friend I had an eating disorder and need help. She looked at me and said Your not that skinny and how could I have an eating disorder. I want to lose weight like a lot l. I haven't eaten in 2 days and nobody even asked why i'm not eating. My friend bascially called me fat! I thought I could get help from her but I want to be skinny. So I'm going to go to my teacher mon I think.

emma01 September 11th 2010 07:13 AM

Re: I tried to telling somone I need help :(

Hi, okay first things first you are actually not allowed to post weight numbers in this forum because it can come across as triggering to some people. It is okay if you dont edit it, as the moderators will check and edit them out for you. And I see that you are new here, so its okay because you did not know. But as I have seen the numbers (it does not trigger me!) I will say you are not fat...you are perfectly normal! I used to be about that and an inch shorter and people said I was very slim! I also can see your goal weight...and let me tell you it does not look good! You dont want to be that, people tell me I have yellow/grey skin, I am always freezing cold and have not much energy! It is a horrible hell and you dont want to go there!

Jen September 11th 2010 06:46 PM

Hey there!

I'm sorry that your friend reacted the way she did. It could be that she has her own self-esteem issues, and dislikes her body, so that was her way of coping (by telling you that there's nothing wrong with you, or that you're fat, etc.). The important thing is to not listen to her! i think that telling your teacher is a wonderful idea and I'm very proud of you for deciding to do that. It is so important, in recovering from an eating disorder, to reach out for support. Best of luck talking to her, let us know how it goes!

Sarahh9 September 18th 2010 04:31 AM

Youre friend might be dealing with her own issues, or she might have just reacted the way mine did. Your friend probably never saw it coming, and you shocked her when you told her. My friends reacted even more extremely. Eating disorders are not only about what you weigh, someone morbidly obese can have and ED-nos, and judging from what emma said I doubt you are. Its more about the mindset you have. You could try to bring it up with your friend again now that shes had sometime to digest what you said. Good luck :)

strength_to_surrive_si September 20th 2010 04:35 PM

hun stay strong

JesusFreak September 26th 2010 11:19 PM

Yes please tell a teacher.

teen spirit September 27th 2010 12:32 AM

Sometimes friends just don't know what to say and words come out without even thinking...and usually the wrong words come out...some friends are great at giving advice, and others...not so good.
As I have learned, if you don't get the help you need by a certain person...keep searching and seeking...because eventually you will find the person who can and will help you...
So, yes...please tell your teacher. I am so proud of you for wanting to seek the help that you need...that takes alot of courage :)