TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Name: Anne

Seeking Help on Thurday - September 22nd 2010, 12:36 AM

Hey everyone, I just am freaking out slightly. I am planning on going to my school counselor on Thurday to tell her about my issues with my eating disorder, cutting, and depression. I am freaking out because I don't think that there is anything wrong with me. I am in denial. Can anyone help me?

"Pretty, pretty please, don't you ever, ever feel like you're less than, less than perfect. Pretty, pretty please, if you ever, ever feel like your nothing, you are perfect to me."
-Pink (Perfect)
"Because you are precious in my eyes and glorious, and because I love you, I give men in return for you and peoples in exchange for your life." -Isaiah 43:4

(#2 (permalink)) Old
emma01 Offline
Hello :D
I've been here a while

Name: Emma

Re: Seeking Help on Thurday - September 22nd 2010, 06:51 AM

Hey! Good on you! Don't freak out though, it will be FINE! Deep down you do know there is something wrong...or you would not be going and you would not have posted, but this is a good sign that you are doing something about it

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: Seeking Help on Thurday - September 22nd 2010, 02:34 PM

Hey there!

Gosh, i remember taking that first step! Its hard! But you have done so well to come up with the idea alone!

You obviously want help and this is a great way of going around it! Its going to be hard to tell her, there's no doubt in that, but you can do it. Self harm and Problems with eating are hard to deal with and you deserve help!

If you find it hard to talk about it all, maybe you could write it in a letter and hand her it so she just has to read it? What do you think.

Either way, I hope it goes well! Keep us updated!

Jess.

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Re: Seeking Help on Thurday - September 22nd 2010, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessie'Lou View Post
If you find it hard to talk about it all, maybe you could write it in a letter and hand her it so she just has to read it? What do you think.
yeah, i was planning on writing her a note and having her read it. I know I would choke up and cry if I tried to just tell her right away.

"Pretty, pretty please, don't you ever, ever feel like you're less than, less than perfect. Pretty, pretty please, if you ever, ever feel like your nothing, you are perfect to me."
-Pink (Perfect)
"Because you are precious in my eyes and glorious, and because I love you, I give men in return for you and peoples in exchange for your life." -Isaiah 43:4

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Re: Seeking Help on Thurday - September 23rd 2010, 08:46 PM

Hello everyone. Here is my update on what happened today. So I was freaking out all day. I was even shaking when I went to go see the counselor. I went to her right before the end of one of my classes throughout lunch. I gave her a letter that I had written explainning what I was feeling and such. She mentioned to me about how she had a feeling that I was going to visit her sometime in the beginning of the year. She said how she noticed me and my constant excercising at school last year. So she asked me some questions and we talked. I cried until my head hurt. We talked for a little over an hour and then she asked me what I wanted to do for the rest of the day. Did i want to go to class or not? I said that I was not able to go to class and so I went to the nurses office and lied down in a bed, although i did not sleep, until the end of the day. After talking to her she said that it is important that I see her everyday. So i already have an appointment for tomorrow set up.

-Pink (Perfect)

Closed Thread