TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Name: Anne

My parents now know everything - September 27th 2010, 11:48 PM

So I went to my counselor last Thursday and I have to see her daily. Today she told me that it was too important that we tell my parents and so she wanted to call my parents and tell them today. My parents came in for a 1:00 meeting with the guidance counselor and the dean of the school. I was not there as she was telling them what I told her, but I did go in about 1/2 hr after they started talking. During the meeting, my parents made it seem as though they really cared and wanted the best for me, but I knew that it was not going to be like that tonight at my house. My mom keeps commenting on what i ate and what i did not eat, going against what the counselor said. The counselor specifically told them not to ask me what i was eating and when i was cutting. My dad listened and he has not brought it up, but my mom has made me feel really bad about myself. I asked her to make me tea and she said no because she thinks that i am using it as a diretic. All of her words just make me feel horrible. She told me basically how I will have no control at my home life now. How I can not take showers with the door locked, close my door for my room, use the computer in my room, and so on. I have a phone consultation tomorrow with Renfrew because the school requires evidence to prove that i am being treated. Oh, quick last note. Did my mom really think that I would not notice that she hid the scale?

"Pretty, pretty please, don't you ever, ever feel like you're less than, less than perfect. Pretty, pretty please, if you ever, ever feel like your nothing, you are perfect to me."
-Pink (Perfect)
"Because you are precious in my eyes and glorious, and because I love you, I give men in return for you and peoples in exchange for your life." -Isaiah 43:4

(#2 (permalink)) Old
emma01 Offline
Hello :D
I've been here a while

Name: Emma

Re: My parents now know everything - September 28th 2010, 05:16 AM

Okay you need to tell your counsellor how your mum is treating this, and the counsellor needs to then tell your mum to stop. Because as much as I am sure she does care, these little things she does makes it really hard for you.
My mum also hid the scales once, but I blew up at her and told her to NEVER do it again, and she didnt!
But I agree with you, that would make me feel terrible and I really think you should tell the counsellor.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Abbie

Re: My parents now know everything - September 28th 2010, 07:21 PM

Hey I know how you feel :/
My school told my parents that I have bulimia, which pretty much has made everything at home really difficult :/
But I guess the best thing you could do is try and talk to your mum, or your dad if you feel more comfortable and get her to back down a bit.
But don't worry too much, I know it makes everything seem worse but it'll blow over eventually

And If I Bleed, I'll Bleed Knowing You Don't Care...

(#4 (permalink)) Old
SparklingWine Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Re: My parents now know everything - September 28th 2010, 07:25 PM

Hello, I totally know what you're going through. i had to tell my mom about my ED, and it was hard.

I think that your mom cares, she just doesn't know how to handle it, or deal with it. I agree, tell your counselor that your mom is going about this the wrong way, and i'm sure your counselor will help with all of that.

I know you didn't want to tell your parents, but it probably the best thing, as we all want you healthy and happy. That's hard to do whilst having an ED.

Send a message via AIM to SparklingWine Send a message via MSN to SparklingWine  
Closed Thread