TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Poetic Loser
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Erin

She's been discharged :D But i'm still fucked up. - October 14th 2010, 06:49 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I met a girl in hospital once when i cut too deeply once and i spent 5 days with her. She was suffering from Anorexia and she was so nice. I have her on facebook and txt her whenever i can.
She told me today that she'd been discharged and i was so fucking happy that i nearly cried. I care about her so much even though we barely know eachother. But we both have/had a mental illness and we understand eachother. It was great to be able to talk to someone who understands.

Anyway, she's better now but i've started to get funny with my own food again. It's like, everytime i eat i feel really really sick. I don't even know what i eat in a day anymore because it's kind of a distraction from other things. All i know is that i also feel sick when i look in the mirror and i just want it all to go away.

How come dumb stuff seems so smart while you're doing it?
Good friends get drunk with you. Best friends hold your hair back when you've had a bit too much to drink!
There's no such thing as good girls gone wrong, only bad girls found out.
I've learned...
that maturity has more to do with what types
of experiences you've had and what you've
learned from them and less to do with how
many birthdays you've celebrated.

Send a message via MSN to LastRedAppleStanding  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
Lead Moderator

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Re: She's been discharged :D But i'm still fucked up. - October 15th 2010, 11:23 PM

When my friend was battling anorexia she actually took some blankets and covered up her mirrors. By not looking at her body and judging herself she was able to feel better about herself.

Keep track of what you eat everyday. But don't write down the calorie content as you could become obsessed with how many calories you are taking in. Maybe you could talk to your friend about it? Remember that you are beautiful no matter what size you are!

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Poetic Loser
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Erin

Re: She's been discharged :D But i'm still fucked up. - October 15th 2010, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicoke View Post
Remember that you are beautiful no matter what size you are!
I wish it was as easy as that. x

How come dumb stuff seems so smart while you're doing it?
Good friends get drunk with you. Best friends hold your hair back when you've had a bit too much to drink!
There's no such thing as good girls gone wrong, only bad girls found out.
I've learned...
that maturity has more to do with what types
of experiences you've had and what you've
learned from them and less to do with how
many birthdays you've celebrated.

Send a message via MSN to LastRedAppleStanding  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
Lead Moderator

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Re: She's been discharged :D But i'm still fucked up. - October 15th 2010, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastRedAppleStanding View Post

I wish it was as easy as that. x
I can understand that. I know several people who went through anorexia. Have you talked to anyone about it?

1825892F-1AA3-6B2C-5083-76137009131D

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kayleighmarie

Re: She's been discharged :D But i'm still fucked up. - October 15th 2010, 11:44 PM

Hiya i have anorexia and well im struggleing i have been in and out of hospital but im slowley recovering but im not strong enough to keep control i still feel sick when i look at food
I hope you can recognise what is happening at the first hurdle lastredapplestanding x
PM me if you need anyone suffering through eating disorders or needs advice to help a friend or family member im living proof and i am still not good weight or stuff but i can give help to others x x

(`v)
`.. Kayleighmarie
..) ,♥

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Matty-UK Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Matt

Re: She's been discharged :D But i'm still fucked up. - October 16th 2010, 02:00 PM

Hey, I'm glad your friend has been discharged. Regarding yourself still struggling to cope, maybe you can talk to this friend and support each other through this it's always easier when you talk to someone especially if you're going through the same thing. Nobody really understands how hard it is to go through Anorexia without actually suffering from it, so I cant stress it more talk to your friend, she will inspire you and help you through this, because she has been there.

I hope you get through this, we're here for you.
  Send a message via AIM to Matty-UK Send a message via MSN to Matty-UK  
Closed Thread