TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Actress Offline
Our broken fairy tale </3
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Mary

Question Need to be thin - December 19th 2010, 01:21 PM

I have done everything I can to be thin in the past. Anorexia is one of them. I have never let anyone find out about this so I was never stopped by doctors. The anorexia didn't work so well in the past so I stopped of my own accord. I am going to try it again. I am 5''6 possibly more and I am a size XXXin British sizes. No doctors have ever labelled me as over weight but I will be so happy if I am thin so I am becoming anorexic. Wish me luck x

Last edited by Pandamonium; December 20th 2010 at 03:42 AM. Reason: No clothing sizes, please.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
puala__koala Offline
Average Joe

Re: Need to be thin - December 19th 2010, 11:27 PM

NOOO!!! dont do that!!!! if you want to lose weight, go on a diet but dont become anorexic. its an eating disorder and its terrible. you will only gain the pounds back in the long run. just switch to a new eating lifestyle. maybe go vegetarian, or stop eating all processed foods.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
x_sepi_x Offline
BrokenInside
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Sabah

Re: Need to be thin - December 20th 2010, 03:03 PM

no ones gonna encourage you to be anorexic luvi. if u are insecure about ur weight and want to lose it den go to the doctors and work out a healthy eating plan, keep a good routine and lose the weight healthily! please dnt go down the anorexia trail, its an uncontrollable sprial and it will ruin ur life. dnt go there hun.. uve got to take care of ur sweet self..x

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Actress Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Need to be thin - December 20th 2010, 03:33 PM

I have tried all 'sensible' eating/diet options, literally. I can't get anything from doctors because they don't think I'm overweight. This is my only option

(#5 (permalink)) Old
x_sepi_x Offline
BrokenInside
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Need to be thin - December 20th 2010, 03:48 PM

please hold on, its not the only option. go back to ur doctor and tell him you feel really insecure about ur weight, surely he'll giv u sum kind of advice as to how to feel betta about ur self and on how to lose weight if need be. if not then try eating healthily, eat alot more fruit and veg and drink plenty of water. giv up sweets and chocolates and crisp etc and be more aware about wat u eat. the weight wnt fall off in one night, it will take tym but u'll start to notice it soon. just go about it the healthy way huni, u know u can do this ..xx

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Actress Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Need to be thin - December 20th 2010, 03:51 PM

I can't go to the doctor anyway. I'm not allowed

(#7 (permalink)) Old
x_sepi_x Offline
BrokenInside
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Need to be thin - December 20th 2010, 03:56 PM

why's that hun?

(#8 (permalink)) Old
"Bisexual" Tux (Linux Mascot)
I've been here a while

Name: Chris

Re: Need to be thin - December 20th 2010, 04:20 PM

Doctors are medical professionals. If they say you are not overweight, it means that you are not overweight. If you're concerned, try to get it checked out. But if you're not overweight, then there's nothing to be worried about. What matters most is who you ARE, NOT what you LOOK like. Click here for a site that I think will help you.

Chris
You can always contact me to talk about anything!
---------------------
Proud to be myself.

Need a hug? Please take one!

Image Credit: startingover18 (Tumblr)

last updated on 11/11/17

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Actress Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Need to be thin - December 20th 2010, 04:31 PM

They have already said I'm not overweight but I still have to be thin to be happy. I've seen the operation beautiful stuff before and it doesn't help me. It just reminds me that I'm not pretty and I never will be

(#10 (permalink)) Old
x_sepi_x Offline
BrokenInside
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Need to be thin - December 20th 2010, 08:26 PM

aw im so sorry you feel that way hun.. but you are beautiful you know, everyone is, in their own way. if you're really desperate then please just try to eat healthily, please dnt stop eating completely, coz in the long run you'll just put the weight back on. so its best to lose it gradually and healthily. im sure you're not overweight and you probably don't need to lose weight like the doctors have said, so maybe you should just try cutting down a little on food, instead of totally stopping. that may make you feel betta...x

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Actress Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Need to be thin - December 20th 2010, 08:58 PM

I'm not beautiful at all and I'm not even aiming for that. I'll never have beauty I just have to be thin, if not I will have wasted my life. I have tried 'just cutting back' on food and it hasn't worked. Maybe I won't start eating again if it will just set me back. I found some sights that have really good tips for not eating.

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Open my eyes
Average Joe

Name: Esther

Re: Need to be thin - December 20th 2010, 09:25 PM

dear, thinness doesn't provide happiness, you're mistaking your feelings. Diets don't work? what a surprise, knowinng that 95% don't. You need to have a size which is healthy for you, and that comes from the right lifestyle, which includes food. Eat balanced meals, take your time to, have moderated portions, don't forbid yourself any kind of food and do some exercise everyday. If you think you have enough self control to be anorexic, then you have enough to do this for sure.
With anorexia, you will not just become thin, you'll eventually look like a walking skeleton... and it won't even let you see.
By the way, anorexia just happen without you noticing it, it's not like one morning you wake up and you say I feel like being anorexic, no, and that's why when you realize you can die in any moment and you want to scape it, there's no exit door unless you are willing to cross the hell, because it's quite hard to fight against yourself to improve though it's worth it.
Finally I'll tell you many 'wannarexics'(don't mean to be rude, but you actually sound like that) end up being bulimics (from my experience, I tell you I'd rather be dead than into it again) or compulsive overeaters, and oh, true, you'll look pretty nice when all you have are bones... and lanugo, since your hair, teeth and nails will fall out. People will eventually disappear, you'll hurt everyone who loves you, you will always think you're fat even if you weight a f****** pound... because Eating Disorders take away your life, in every way.
Now be honest with yourself, is it worth it to fall into this because of your weight (which, on the other hand, is just the attraction Earth has over you)?
One last advice, work on your self esteem and you'll be happier as it increases
Stay safe.

Fear Cuts Deeper Than Knives

"And if you told me 'go to the hell', I'd tell you I know pretty well that place"
  Send a message via MSN to Ess The Morgenstern * Send a message via Skype™ to Ess The Morgenstern * 
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
Actress Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Need to be thin - December 21st 2010, 06:43 AM

I have to be thinner and I have already tried 'normal' diets. My friends are really annoyed at me know that I stopped eating again and they are trying to make me eat

(#14 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Re: Need to be thin - December 21st 2010, 07:05 AM

You don't HAVE to be thin. There are plenty of people out there that will love you just the way you are.

Chris
---------------------
Proud to be myself.

last updated on 11/11/17

(#15 (permalink)) Old
emma01 Offline
Hello :D
I've been here a while

Name: Emma

Re: Need to be thin - December 21st 2010, 07:39 AM

I understand you want to be thin, but Anorexia does not make you thin. Anorexia is NOT beauty and its NOT perfection. I have just returned from inpatient treatment for anorexia. And I was tubed, now this is HORRIBLE and you really dont want that. Thing with anorexia is, you never win. You either die, live a horrible life being stick thin, or gain weight again. You have to be healthy in the end or dead.

(#16 (permalink)) Old
x_sepi_x Offline
BrokenInside
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Need to be thin - December 21st 2010, 05:47 PM

you can do it if you try. you've got some kind of will power in you thats turning you against eating so make that will power positive and use it to lose weight in a healthy way.. you can do it! anorexia is not the answer to your problems hun.

(#17 (permalink)) Old
Actress Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Need to be thin - December 21st 2010, 06:32 PM

I haven't been eating for quite a while now and my mum made me eat a tiny bit of food and then I was sick LOADS. Is that normal?

(#18 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Re: Need to be thin - December 22nd 2010, 05:15 AM

^I'm no expert, but probably. Sounds to me like your body is having a physical reaction because it's not used to having food like that.

Chris
---------------------
Proud to be myself.

last updated on 11/11/17

(#19 (permalink)) Old
Actress Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Need to be thin - December 22nd 2010, 09:13 AM

Well thats good then because now none of that I food was digested so its like I didn't even have any

(#20 (permalink)) Old
Open my eyes
Average Joe

Name: Esther

Re: Need to be thin - December 22nd 2010, 12:23 PM

how can that make you happy? you know this isn't a pro-ana forum and you're being so triggering!!!! and, by the way, once you eat food you get 50% of the calories, even if you puke!
Please, stop this now that you are beginning so it'll be easier to get out of this hell, even knowing you won't listen to me, it's all I can say to help

Fear Cuts Deeper Than Knives

"And if you told me 'go to the hell', I'd tell you I know pretty well that place"
  Send a message via MSN to Ess The Morgenstern * Send a message via Skype™ to Ess The Morgenstern * 
  (#21 (permalink)) Old
x_sepi_x Offline
BrokenInside
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Need to be thin - December 22nd 2010, 10:25 PM

dnt do this to yourself hun. you can beat it!

Closed Thread