TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Celtics12 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Richard

not eating - February 16th 2012, 05:26 AM

So the thing is I'm like never home. And when i am home i don't eat much. I wake up in the morning for school and don't feel like eating. lunch time comes and i debate if i really want to eat and i never eat anymore at dinner i try to make it when i never home. so question is am i starting to have a eating disorder or something and how can you tell. or is it just something messing with my head. I just never hungry and sometimes in school i get a feeling in my stomach like i don't feel to well.

MCSAR

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Ignite Offline
See the lightning in your eyes

Jeez, get a life!

Re: not eating - February 16th 2012, 06:51 AM

Hey Richard,

An eating disorder, usually, has more to do with your self esteem than other things. This may be something more going on with your body than really your mind telling you not to eat. However, I cannot diagnose. This may be something to bring up with a doctor. Until then, I would recommend you get into the habit of eating 3-5 times a day, even if you are not particularly hungry, at least having a small snack (like crackers and peanut butter) when a mealtime is. You may have just trained your body to get hungry at certain times and now it's no longer getting hungry at these times. Rather, I would just try to get yourself back in the habit.

Good luck! Feel free to respond to give any more necessary info if you need to explain any more, or come back whenever you need!

The greatest mistake one can make is being afraid to make one.
Rest in Peace Peter.
  Send a message via MSN to Ignite  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
blumemusik♫ Offline
~Savvy?
I've been here a while

Name: Kate

Re: not eating - February 16th 2012, 09:42 AM

I agree with Traci. To me, it sounds more like you're just not hungry than an eating disorder. If you dislike the way you look, perhaps it could be related to an eating disorder, but you've given no indication of that. If you can, bring it up with a doctor, but until then, like Traci said, just try and get into the habit of eating. Perhaps eat more of your favourite foods, or try new ones, because it just sounds as though you're bored of eating, and so you don't eat anymore.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
frankcastle Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: not eating - February 16th 2012, 10:40 AM

I think you should start warming up your body with daily morning exercises and some sporting activities in the evening.
Make sure to include some good diet

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Celtics12 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Richard

Re: not eating - February 18th 2012, 02:21 AM

YOu know i think that what it is. I thik i just kinda got bored of eating. Like i rather go do other things then eat and i just do worry about it anymore.

MCSAR

Closed Thread