TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Caffeine Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ally

Mood swings/adhd - May 16th 2012, 03:56 PM

Hey guys <3

Lately I've been experiencing really bad mood swings, and I'm not sure why. Not like super happy to suicidal or anything, but it's still weird.

Like, I can go from really tired and depressed, to really hyper and can't sit still. I don't get it. I hav ADHD, but they never did anything about it. So I figured it was nothing. It started out just getting really happy and stuff, but over the last few weeks it's escalated to just going from really hyper, so erally tired and bleh. I don't know what to do.

I have insomnia and ahven't been getting much sleep, but that's normal for me so I don't think that's why. I'm out of ideas. :/

I had really erally bad depression and all that fun stuff, but thought I was over it after all the treatment plans and stuff I'ev been in over the last 4 years. Is it coming back? Should I be worried about it?

I don't know what to do, and I erally don't want to repeat that chapter of my life again, at all. So any help would be great! ^^;
  Send a message via MSN to Caffeine  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Choose Offline
Invest in yourself.
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Mood swings/adhd - May 18th 2012, 12:32 PM

So wait, are you medicated for ADHD or not? I know there are a few members with more experience in this arena. I hope they see this.

"Ignore the ramblings of the ignorant, and step on or over their crumpled bodies as you make your way to the top of the mountain. Eat upon their flesh for fuel, and, through your determination and will, banish them to obscurity and a life of complacency and self righteousness that is the hell in which they live"

-Richard Safreed

"Civilize the mind, but make savage the body."

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: Mood swings/adhd - May 18th 2012, 05:24 PM

This is confusing because you're being a bit vague. When were you diagnosed with ADHD and do you know why you were not given any form of treatment? I find it to be odd for a psychiatrist to diagnose you, inform your parents of it and then let you go just like that. The tiredness you mentioned is more than likely from insomnia. Can you explain the 4-year long treatment plan a bit more, such as what the medications and treatments were, and whether it was for depression or another mood disorder?

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Caffeine Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ally

Re: Mood swings/adhd - May 21st 2012, 07:47 AM

Alright, well I was dagnosed with ADHD, and that was it. No pills, nothing.
I don't know what else to say about that because that's all there really was.

As for what has happened over the last 4 years. Well I suffered from mood swings, and they kept getting worse and worse. Than a few things in my life tipped me over the edge and I went into an all right depression. I issolated myself, everything. I started SH'ing regularly, and even taking pills occasionally to numb myself. After a while I started trying to end it all, and failed several times, than the last time I tried it, my friend got me to tell my mom, and that's when everything started. After barely making it out through the night, I was put in the psychiatric ward at the hospital. After diagnosing, I was put in the in treatment care. I was diagnosed with severe depression with signs of psychosis. I was on a few pills throughout this whole time. I was on Prozak for sure, and a few others I don't quite remember.. But prozak was a major one. I was also on anti-psychotics at one point, sleeping pills, mood stabilizers. A lot of stuff..

Anyways, after I was discharged, I relapsed, and was admited again. this time they listened to me and that's when they started throwing all these pills in me. If a pill didn't work for 2 weeks, they put me on a new one, or upped the dose.

All the while I was seeing a counselor every week. He was great, he listened, and talked to me, and things were good. He put me into a dealing with depression group with a bunch of other teens, and it all went well. I passed, and was allowed to decide to either keep seeing him, or move on. We all agreed that my case was able to be closed because I was no longer a risk for anyone. That was a year ago.

Now here we are. I am off all meds, except my sleeping pills, but I have stopped taking them for my own reasons.

I hope I answered your questions :\
  Send a message via MSN to Caffeine  
Closed Thread