TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ForeverFalling Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Breathing difficulty - July 6th 2012, 11:47 PM

Hi guys...

Basically, I can't breathe. I'm seriously struggling to inhale a descent amount of air, and my lungs are feeling sore. I'm wheezing, and feel like an elephant is sat on my chest in the sense that it feels like too much effort everytime my chest rises. I also keep having coughing fits. I googled for what it could be but didn't really get an answer other than asthma, but I'm not asthmatic!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
medic2013 Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Amanda

Re: Breathing difficulty - July 7th 2012, 12:26 AM

Have u ever had bronchitits? I am the same way and when i get sick, i goes stright to my lungs and i get asthmatic bronchitits. Are you coughing alot? You can be asthmatic and not have asthma. I never had a problem breatheing till i got bronchitits for the first time. You can become asthmatic and not ever had anything like asthma. You can just be feeling fine and then you get bronchitits out of no were. I never had asthma till i got bronchititis.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
ForeverFalling Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Breathing difficulty - July 8th 2012, 01:15 AM

No I've never had either of them. Tonight is worse, I have the breathing difficulty and now I have heart palpitations which aren't cool

(#4 (permalink)) Old
medic2013 Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Breathing difficulty - July 8th 2012, 04:53 PM

You might want to go get checked out. There is a chance that there is something more going on then just your breatheing. Is there any chance you can call your dr tomorrow and see if you can get in if you can wait that long?

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Outside, huh?

Name: Cathy

Re: Breathing difficulty - July 8th 2012, 06:06 PM

I agree with medic2013. It could either be bronchitis or asthma. Have you ever been diagnosed with asthma? I know you said you haven't/don't have asthma, but there might be a small possibility that you might have asthma. But, I think you should go see a doctor immediately or as soon as you can.

Member Since 1/15/2012

(#6 (permalink)) Old
medic2013 Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Breathing difficulty - July 10th 2012, 01:00 AM

The reason i said that is because the field that i'm fixing to finish in may of 2013. I see alot of people with the same problem and they didn't have asthma at first and now they do.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Cutie7519 Offline
Love & Death
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Kate
Location: In my happy place, where happiness lives forever more.

Re: Breathing difficulty - July 10th 2012, 01:28 AM

You should see your doctor as soon as possible, heart palpitations is something you should check out and also the heart is the one thing you don't want to fool with, your heart is like your life-line.

If you can't afford your doctor you should maybe try a walk-in clinic.

And asthma can just come on sudden and cause you problems. See your doctor as soon as possible and tell them because you don't mess with your health.

"It's easier to run, replacing this pain with something numb, it's so much easier to go, than face all this pain here all alone."- Linkin Park, Easier to run

"When the nightmares take me, I will scream with the howling wind." Owl City, Lonely Lullaby

Closed Thread