TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Agony Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Numbness - August 8th 2012, 04:38 PM

I've been having random issues since October, we've been to tons of doctors and have done loads of tests but they still don't know whats wrong with me. One of the major problems is the numbness that comes and goes randomly. They thought I either had nerve damage (found out I didn't) or a brain tumor (didn't have that either) so now they haven't got a clue. It's bad when I play sports though because my hands, legs, arms, head, back and face can randomly go numb. It irritates the heck out of me and if it's the hands that got numb I can't use them for a while. Anyone know anything that could stop the numbness? They tried using this medicine they give to diabetics but it didn't work either Im not looking for a diagnosis I just want ideas on how to prevent it or delay it while I'm playing sports.

When I'm sad I think, "I got a jar of dirt, I got a jar of dirt!"

You can't change fate, but you can change your attitude towards it.
Former user: xArchDreamerx

Became a HelpLINK mentor on July 13th, 2013

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Katelina Offline
Country for life
Average Joe

Name: Tina

Re: Numbness - August 8th 2012, 05:26 PM

That used to happen to me durin track season, my doctor said it was from overuse of muscles and malnutrition. He told me to see a masseuse after each practice, before and after each practice, and during the off seasons once or twice a week. Apparently they can help work out your muscles so they don't bunch up which can cause you to go numb because your muscles are like rubber bands. Stretch to far and they don't go back.

Try seeing one, mine got so bad my school paid for me to see one until my doctor saw me again and now my insurance pays for me to see one. Till you do, make sure you stretch a butt load before each practice and after. You want your muscles nice and warmed up and the blood flowing.

The other option is your not getting enough blood flow during it, which could just be a coagulate blood vein. If that's the case you need to see your doctor and possibly be put on blood thinner.

Love ya darlin' just don't overkill yourself with sports.
-Your friend Kate <3

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread