TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount7

Edit avatar

Amnesia and Zombie Apocalypse? - September 5th 2012, 09:11 AM

Hello hello hello.
Well. I have two problems, so bear with me...

First of all, I'm getting really, really bad memory loss. My tablets [Zoloft & Pregabalin] made me a bit forgetful when I first began taking them together and upped my doses, but it was only little things like locking doors at night or sometimes taking my pills.
But now I'm forgetting a lot. I'm losing whole days, sometimes whole weekends. it's like I'm half asleep and then all of a sudden I'm aware again and I can't figure out if I've dreamt up the last day or whether it actually happened. On monday I drove to my therapist's and after I'd left, I had to pull over because suddenly I was 100% convinced that it was friday and that I'd never been to see her. It's getting quite scary. Any idea if it's from my pills?

Secondly, I seem to be turning into a zombie. Well, on my legs. I'm coming out in these awful sores and blisters and infections on my legs and I have no idea why. I've tried using special creams, tried moisturising more, all sorts. I haven't changed shower gel, wash liquid or anything, and they don't seem like bug bites. Worst bit is, I seem to scratch them in my sleep, no matter what I try, and that really isn't helping. It's driving me mad.

So. Sorry for the long post. I am seeing my doctor soon so I'll try to remember to tell him, but I just wanted some confirmation that I'm not turning into some amnesiac zombie.
Thank you

(#2 (permalink)) Old
50ShadesOfBlack Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Fox

Re: Amnesia and Zombie Apocalypse? - September 5th 2012, 01:11 PM

Memory loss like that = no bueno. I would call up your doc asap, they might want you in sooner or will have you lessen your meds till you get in.
Also, pretty posotive you're not turning into a zombie. Could be any number of things, especially with the change in meds. Have you looked at the side effects for them?
You can also try taping your legs at night with gauze+medical tape or large bandaids as protection from the scratching. Google can also help with identifying exactly what is on your legs. Maybe webMD or something, just be as descriptive as possible when looking it up.

Stuff about me:
1. Sometimes I forget I'm not an expert
2. I ignore "guy/girl preferred." Use whatever pronoun you feel like with me. Don't feel obligated to stick to one.
3. I have few bounderies, sorry if I cross lines. Wasn't intentional.
----------
Ask me anything. I love to share/talk about stuff.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough

Name: Kelly

Re: Amnesia and Zombie Apocalypse? - September 5th 2012, 01:21 PM

Your pills shouldn't make you have amnesia. Being forgetful is one thing, amnesia is something else. Plus, if you have been on them at least 6 weeks, you shouldn't be seeing any new symptoms.

You most definitely need to see your doctor. Are you getting any headaches? Have you hit your head? Are you sure you haven't - sometimes you won't remember hitting your head if you get amnesia?

As for the blisters, I honestly don't know what that could be. Since you NEED to see a doctor about your memory, I'd see them about this as well. Sorry I can't be more helpful, but this is something that needs to be taken seriously.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount7

Edit avatar

Re: Amnesia and Zombie Apocalypse? - September 5th 2012, 04:03 PM

I don't think I hit my head, and I've had a few headaches but I've put that down to needing new glasses. Yikes. Is this actually something I should be genuinely worried about?

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough

Name: Kelly

Re: Amnesia and Zombie Apocalypse? - September 5th 2012, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallelujah View Post
I don't think I hit my head, and I've had a few headaches but I've put that down to needing new glasses. Yikes. Is this actually something I should be genuinely worried about?
I wouldn't say to freak out about it, but it is something that needs looked at. It's never a good thing to be losing parts of your memory. So get seen ASAP, but don't be freaked out I think it could probably wait a week, but no more than that.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
BDF Offline
I can't get enough

Name: BDF

Re: Amnesia and Zombie Apocalypse? - September 5th 2012, 05:17 PM

Anything stressful been going on recently? Or anything extremely stressful / traumatic in the past?

You don't need to say what it is, but it's something you could ask yourself. I've noticed my memory impacted by things like that, and I notice it happen in other people. The other day my mum nearly got in an accident, and afterwards could barely recall how it came to that and what exactly happened. Wasn't her fault anyway.

"I don't care about politics"
Then politics doesn't care about you either. Truth. You've got to make your voice heard, if you want to be listened to. But that's too logical for some people, so let me go a step further. Not making your voice heard, leaves other people free to hijack it by speaking on your behalf, even if they don't actually give a shit about you. That's politics. So, make your voice heard. That's not a quote from anywhere. That's just me.

Closed Thread