TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Jay
Location: In the deep, dark, treacherous place called my mind. Oh and Australia!

Insomnia - October 12th 2012, 02:02 PM

Okay, what are the actual worries, health wise, with insomnia. Mine's been progressively getting worse and currently it's 1 in the morning and I'm not tired. it's just been a long day and I feel weary, but not tired. I used to have bad insomnia before my hospital stint for which I slept most of the time and then after that I got some good nights sleep. but, now the weather is heating up and that's when my insomnia get's really bad.

So, what should I look out for health-wise from insomnia, what problems could I encounter? I'd really appreciate any advice.

Jay.

Buddy since 18/11/12 LiveHelp Operator since 22/12/12 Add me on Facebook Jay Louise Shorrock!
A whisper in the dark; is better than silence in the light. -Courtesy of your's truly.
My blog is open to all, those whom are easily triggered avoid, it's a story about a girl and her life and how far she has come over the years. If you read it, I hope it inspires you to keep fighting and to NEVER give up!

When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: Insomnia - October 13th 2012, 03:23 PM

Hi there

Obviously, not sleeping is going to make you feel tired. From what I know, it can lead to depression, sleep psychosis and anxiety, disorientation, short term memory loss and impaired judgement. Our response time can be affected. Now, in serious long term cases it can lead to quite severe problems such as diabetes, certain types of cancer. There can be glucose intolerance problems as well and bviously we all know it can make us 'age quicker'. It can also lead to heart problems too. Some reports also state that it can cause a persons chance of increasing an early death.

Remember a lot of them are in severe situations. I know how exhausting insomnia can be. Have you spoken to your doctor about sleep therapy etc?

Jessie

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Location: In the deep, dark, treacherous place called my mind. Oh and Australia!

Re: Insomnia - October 13th 2012, 11:48 PM

Hey there,
No I haven't talked to my doctor. But the early death thing sounds good right now.

Jay.

Buddy since 18/11/12 LiveHelp Operator since 22/12/12 Add me on Facebook Jay Louise Shorrock!
A whisper in the dark; is better than silence in the light. -Courtesy of your's truly.
My blog is open to all, those whom are easily triggered avoid, it's a story about a girl and her life and how far she has come over the years. If you read it, I hope it inspires you to keep fighting and to NEVER give up!

When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: Insomnia - October 14th 2012, 01:09 AM

Hi again,

Early death won't be as early as you feel you want it right now. I know a lot's going on for you right now and this makes me want to encourage you even more, to see your doctor. To get some help, yeah? And no, no amount of help in the world is going to make everything okay. You are going to have to work really hard, but you're more than capable of beating this and you have so many people behind you.

Feel free to PM if you need a chat,
Jessie

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Insomnia - October 14th 2012, 01:12 AM

Yeah, but earlier is better than going til 90 in this fucked up world.

Jay.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Spaceman Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Insomnia - October 25th 2012, 12:04 AM

Listen to calming music, white noise, self-hypnosis or a "brain recalibration" tape for sleep. Such tapes are scientifically designed to help you "reset" your brain and calm down. When developed by researchers rather than marketers, they are remarkably effective. Just be sure to buy your brain recalibration audios from reputable sleep companies, and not slick marketing companies.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
angel_amethyst Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Clo

Re: Insomnia - October 25th 2012, 08:18 PM

Ugh. I have insomnia as well.
Firstly, my parents wouldn't take me to the doctors, since they said it was nothing. Then I began falling asleep in class, and my teachers got worried. My eye sight got worse, I fainted sometimes during the day, and I spent a few days in the hospital. Anyways, the point is, wear yourself out till the end of the day, and then do NOT think about sleeping. Don't. Even if you sleep with your clothes on, and your teeth not brushed, it doesn't matter. Insomnia is a serious condition, and you can't force yourself to sleep, as you already probably know. Sorry for the life story, I just thought it would help to share

Amethyst

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Insomnia - October 26th 2012, 03:11 AM

Hey-o guys. Well, since I'm not staying with mum anymore my "carers" say I can pick bed time so I find myself still out of bed, writing or typing at my laptop in my walk in closet at three in the morning and hardly able to get any sleep.... Besides leaving my technology out of my room, I need to charge them and the powerpoint is beside me bed, what can I do?

Jay.

Closed Thread