TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
spacekat Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

am i fat - October 16th 2012, 12:58 PM

everyday i get crap from people telling me that im fat. i have began to hate my body i am 5'6' tall and my weight is not overweight for the height but not skinny either. i admit i eat a little unhealthy so ive cut down to [EDIT] calories a day for a month now. ive lost [EDIT]kgs but i cant be positive i still call myself fat and i dont believe i can loose anymore, i would love to hear some weight loss tips from you guys as im doing what is required but im just not feeling it at all. how long untill i can see results

Last edited by escape_thereal_world; October 16th 2012 at 02:47 PM. Reason: No caloric or weight numbers allowed on TeenHelp.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
bellatink Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Steph

Re: am i fat - October 16th 2012, 05:22 PM

Hi Kaitlin,

You say you're not overweight for your height - which I assume means you're in a healthy range? If so, then there's probably no real need for you to lose any more weight. The only tips I feel comfortable offering, as I would assume would be the same for most people here is a healthy diet and exercise. It sounds as thought your perception of your body may have been altered, and if that's the case, maybe it would be good to talk to a professional about it in case it becomes something more.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: am i fat - October 16th 2012, 05:40 PM

Hi there.

If you are in a weight range where losing weight isn't going to bad bad for you then there is nothing wrong in losing some weight. But do it in a healthy way. Its not all about the calories you are consuming but also about the fat content you are consuming from the foods you are eating. And remember that exersise is part of a healthy life style too. It's all about getting the right balance, you know?

Jessie

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#4 (permalink)) Old
BDF Offline
I can't get enough

Name: BDF

Re: am i fat - October 19th 2012, 05:31 PM

If you're healthy, then you have nothing to worry about. I see slim girls, and slightly "chubby" girls... none of it means anything as long as they eat well and exercise enough. If you're obese then you have a problem.

If you're after body image, then really I thought I knew what I was talking about... but I've been reading so many different things that I'm lost in it. The general idea is eat a balanced diet, with a bit more salad and low calorific foods instead of things such as meat and carbohydrates (potatoes, pasta, bread etc), and get about 30 minutes of exercise a day. Something like faced-paced walking. Going extreme and doing 2 hours a day of running in the gym apparently doesn't work as well as people think, not for weight loss. I don't know why, it's just what I hear.

You can do fast-paced walking even on your way to school.

And some discipline. I see people who think they've done a good job by doing some solid exercise routine, reward themselves afterwards with a McDonalds. lol. Don't do things like that. It totally defeats the purpose.

"I don't care about politics"
Then politics doesn't care about you either. Truth. You've got to make your voice heard, if you want to be listened to. But that's too logical for some people, so let me go a step further. Not making your voice heard, leaves other people free to hijack it by speaking on your behalf, even if they don't actually give a shit about you. That's politics. So, make your voice heard. That's not a quote from anywhere. That's just me.

Closed Thread