TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
i_like_black Offline
Awesomesauce.
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Jess

A bunch of things. - December 21st 2012, 04:51 AM

First of all, I haven't slept pretty much for about 72 hours. Since Tuesday morning, I've had maybe 4 hours sleep, in roughly 45 minute blocks, total. It's not that I'm not tired. I am pretty much exhausted at this stage. (It is Friday evening now.)

Furthermore, since about halfway through yesterday I've been feeling nauseous. My appetite has all but disappeared. I tried eating, thinking it would help, and small amounts did temporarily but my abdomen still feels tight and unrestful.

The weather in my city is currently quite hot and humid, but our home is well-aired.

It is the weekend (pretty much) and I don't have money at the moment, but if this stuff is still going on come Monday I will be going to the doctor.

Has anybody got any suggestions as to what might be going on?

Also, the lack of sleep feels like it's causing short-circuits in my mind. I'm intentionally behaving at the moment with the goal of getting my license back, but in the last 24 hours or so (since the sleep deprivation went from being mild to being a serious issue) I've started having far more impulsive and dangerous urges than usual. I do not want this to escalate into something serious.

Please, if you have any advice, or any suggestions at all, I'm desperate here.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Jay
Location: In the deep, dark, treacherous place called my mind. Oh and Australia!

Re: A bunch of things. - December 21st 2012, 07:41 AM

Hey there,

I find when I haven't slept for a period of time I started to feel ill and tend to have serious urges to harm myself or do something reckless. YOu're brain needs to rest and sleep is it's ay of shutting your brain down and getting into the stages of sleep which repair any misfiring neurons and everything in the brain :P I'm going to study neurology so I'll know more in a few years about this all but, you should go to a doctor and get some sleeping pills or some easy sleep aids you can use.

Hope this gets resolved soon,

Jay.

Buddy since 18/11/12 LiveHelp Operator since 22/12/12 Add me on Facebook Jay Louise Shorrock!
A whisper in the dark; is better than silence in the light. -Courtesy of your's truly.
My blog is open to all, those whom are easily triggered avoid, it's a story about a girl and her life and how far she has come over the years. If you read it, I hope it inspires you to keep fighting and to NEVER give up!

When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
i_like_black Offline
Awesomesauce.
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Jess

Re: A bunch of things. - December 21st 2012, 08:05 AM

Thanks for replying.

Already know my brain needs sleep . . . if I didn't think it was an issue I probably wouldn't have posted

My body feels like it's going in to some sort of revolt (I feel sorry for our toilet) and I take medication that supposedly helps with sleep (quetiapine). So I'm just hoping that tonight I get some good sleep. I'm so screwed if I don't.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Jay
Location: In the deep, dark, treacherous place called my mind. Oh and Australia!

Re: A bunch of things. - December 21st 2012, 08:24 AM

There are supplements you can take, I can't remember which ones to take. But, I heard Melatonin is a good sleep aid! I do hope you get to sleep.
I'd recommend getting an early night, make sure there is no light in your room and just lie down, relax your entire body, and just let your mind go black. I guarantee, just the rest for your body will help

Jay.

Buddy since 18/11/12 LiveHelp Operator since 22/12/12 Add me on Facebook Jay Louise Shorrock!
A whisper in the dark; is better than silence in the light. -Courtesy of your's truly.
My blog is open to all, those whom are easily triggered avoid, it's a story about a girl and her life and how far she has come over the years. If you read it, I hope it inspires you to keep fighting and to NEVER give up!

When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
Lead Moderator

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Re: A bunch of things. - December 22nd 2012, 06:07 AM

Melatonin supplements have been very helpful for me. I suffer from insomnia, and while the supplements don't always get me that 8 hours of sleep per night, they do help me to fall asleep faster and most of the time help me to stay asleep through the night.
Another option is to have some warm tea before bed. Mint flavors tend to work the best in relaxing you so that you can fall asleep easier.
Also, don't give up if you can't sleep. There have been days where it felt like I had been lying in bed for an eternity just waiting to sleep, but I did eventually fall into slumber. So even when you feel like you're never going to sleep, don't get up or turn on any lights. Just be patient and focus on clearing your head. A trick I use is to just focus on how comfortable I am and how nice it is to just lay there and not have to be doing anything.

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Braydon Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: A bunch of things. - January 1st 2013, 04:37 PM

Don't worry some time our routine become very hectic and we not have time even to eat and sleep, But for some time we can tolerate such routine and can't do it at regular basis, because our body need rest and sleeping recharge our body and mind.

Closed Thread