TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Thorn Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Laura

Various TMI concerns about the female reproductive system - January 3rd 2013, 12:43 PM

Umm...okay so I feel really embarrassed writing this here but there are a collection of things concerning the female reproductive system which have been worrying me quite a lot lately. Apologies if a lot of this is way TMI, but I don't really feel able to ask my mum about this stuff or see a doctor.

I'm an 18 year old virgin female. This morning I woke up feeling a bit sore 'down there', then when I went to the toilet, I noticed that I had some abnormal vaginal bleeding (I'm still 2 weeks away from my period). There wasn't too much blood - only about the amount you'd get from a moderate sized cut. It stopped quite quickly. Idk...it's as if I've broken my hymen or something? I masturbate with a toy so I thought I'd already broken it... But I haven't masturbated for a few days now, so it can't be because of that... I'm so confused.

As well as this most recent problem, I've also had a myriad of problems of the same nature. Around the time I'm ovulating, I produce really thick discharge which is jelly-like in consistency. I produce about a golf ball sized amount of it in total. I also have extremely bad period pains at times - as in I throw up and sometimes pass out due to the pain, can't move from the spot and can only curl up in a ball and cry and swear profusely until the pain lessens. Thankfully, I can usually prevent the worst of the pain by taking painkillers as soon as the pain starts to get in the way of doing things. Sometimes I will also have pain in my abdomen when masturbating so have to stop or move a bit. Very occasionally, I will also get some pain in my abdomen at random times and it will last for around 30 minutes.

Does all of this together sound symptomatic of anything to anyone? I'm worried that I may have endometriosis or that it may be something serious. Sorry if I've really grossed anyone out by writing this but I'm so worried. I really don't feel I could talk to a doctor about this because of my social anxiety disorder. I'm grateful for any replies.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Maloo Offline
Maloooooo
I can't get enough

Name: Lissa

Re: Various TMI concerns about the female reproductive system - January 3rd 2013, 01:22 PM

Don't be embarrassed to ask things here. But I do want to correct you on something:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I'm worried that I may have endometriosis or that it may be something serious.
Endo is serious. It's internal bleeding that can't escape and causes scar tissue. If left untreated, it can cause infertility. I highly recommend that you go to a gynecologist about this, and really stress how intense the pain is.

You're better safe than sorry, go to the doctor just in case.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Kindred Offline
You can handle anything
I've been here a while

Name: Eyeliner Failure

Re: Various TMI concerns about the female reproductive system - January 3rd 2013, 06:52 PM

I vote doctor. Better safe than sorry, okay? <3

Take as long as you need.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Hypothesis. Offline
Not significant.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: Various TMI concerns about the female reproductive system - January 5th 2013, 05:04 AM

Hey there,

I totally agree that your best bet would be to see a doctor. With all of these problems and the amount of pain you are in, your doctor can give you the best treatment options. If you ever have something that painful and that worrisome to you, then the safest thing to do about it would be to go to the doctor. I know it can be scary, but there is no such thing as a silly question and it is better to be safe, or get things treated now, rather than have problems in the future.

Best of luck!

-Dez

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Jay
Location: In the deep, dark, treacherous place called my mind. Oh and Australia!

Re: Various TMI concerns about the female reproductive system - January 5th 2013, 09:52 AM

Hey there,

We at TeenHelp cannot diagnose you so you will have to book an appointment with your doctor or find a gynecologist.

Just as a after thought, the "jelly-like substance" could be mucus, all girls produce it, but that is an abnormal amount to be secreting. So, doctor all the way.

Jay.

Buddy since 18/11/12 LiveHelp Operator since 22/12/12 Add me on Facebook Jay Louise Shorrock!
A whisper in the dark; is better than silence in the light. -Courtesy of your's truly.
My blog is open to all, those whom are easily triggered avoid, it's a story about a girl and her life and how far she has come over the years. If you read it, I hope it inspires you to keep fighting and to NEVER give up!

When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Thorn Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Laura

Re: Various TMI concerns about the female reproductive system - January 6th 2013, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maloo View Post

Endo is serious. It's internal bleeding that can't escape and causes scar tissue. If left untreated, it can cause infertility. I highly recommend that you go to a gynecologist about this, and really stress how intense the pain is.
Sorry, I really meant "or something else serious"; I'm aware that Endometriosis can lead to infertility. Should I ask for a referral to a gynecologist from my GP? (I live in the UK, if that helps).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dez View Post

I totally agree that your best bet would be to see a doctor. With all of these problems and the amount of pain you are in, your doctor can give you the best treatment options. If you ever have something that painful and that worrisome to you, then the safest thing to do about it would be to go to the doctor. I know it can be scary, but there is no such thing as a silly question and it is better to be safe, or get things treated now, rather than have problems in the future.
I've been to see a doctor in the past about my severe period pains, but she just gave me a repeat prescription for ibuprofen and that was it. I'm still somewhat hesitant to go and see a doctor because I'm worried that I'm making a big (and unnecessarily embarrassing) deal out of nothing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope To Cope;985923
[B
Just as a after thought, the "jelly-like substance" could be mucus, all girls produce it, but that is an abnormal amount to be secreting. So, doctor all the way.[/b]
The discharge I produce around the time I'm ovulating is very different to the discharge I produce during the rest of the month though. It seems almost...rubbery and all clumped together (again, sorry for TMI). I'd also like to stress that the "golf ball amount" is over 2 or 3 days, not all at once. It might not even be that much, actually.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
bitesize Offline
Member since April '07
Outside, huh?

Re: Various TMI concerns about the female reproductive system - January 6th 2013, 04:54 PM

It's not making a big deal out of nothing if you're in pain!! Honestly, it does sound like something worth checking out. I wouldn't be embarrassed and they won't think you're making a big deal out of something small - just tell them that you're sure it's fine but you want to make sure everything's ok - remember with this kind of thing it's always better than safe than sorry, where sexual health and fertility are concerned. Going to the doctor will help put your mind at ease as well. I'd go to your GP and they'll probably refer you on to a gynaecologist themselves if you don't already have one!x

Honey, you're familiar, like my mirror, years ago
I slithered here from Eden just to sit outside your door
Níl a shíltear mar a bhítear.
Things are not always what they seem.

Closed Thread