TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Takoda Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kristin

Concerned About Weight? - April 9th 2013, 11:32 PM

Okay, so I'm currently about [Edited] pounds, and i'm about 5 foot, 4 inches tall. Should I be concerned about my weight?

I keep looking at the weight-to-height ratio charts, and they say i'm in the healthy zone, though close to overweight.

I have a bit of a stomach, but I'm not sure if it's too much, or if it's fine..?

I get embarrassed just walking down the hallway, because I don't want my stomach to jiggle and such xD

But if I could get some help on this, that'd be great! Thanks!

Constantly lost and found~

Last edited by LlamaLlamaDuck; April 10th 2013 at 09:16 AM. Reason: Please do not post weight numbers on TeenHelp.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
marvelous123 Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Mila

Re: Concerned About Weight? - April 10th 2013, 02:19 AM

Your weight's not bad at all. All those BMI charts usually are crap. And that's healthy weight anyways. if you are still insecure about it though, it won't hurt you to lose like [Edited]. Its what's most comfortable for you.

If it makes you feel better, I'm only 5'5 and I'm like [Edited]...I'm trying to loose weight but its rather difficult while having to depend on cafeteria food..

Last edited by LlamaLlamaDuck; April 10th 2013 at 09:17 AM. Reason: Please do not post weight numbers on TeenHelp.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
arosa Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: samantha

Re: Concerned About Weight? - April 10th 2013, 07:57 AM

I've been recently diagnosed with Seasonal Affective Disorder, so with that being said i usually gain about [Edited] in the winter season, and then i'll work up the motivation to head towards the gym in the spring. I currently weigh [Edited], and i aim to be [Edited]. ( if i could be any weight at all it would be [Edited] )

you're definitely not overweight dear.

you should not be worrying about your weight, but instead what percentage of your body is muscle, your BMI, and what your diet is.

clearly you don't have weight issues, so you should focus on the things that actually matter instead.

Last edited by LlamaLlamaDuck; April 10th 2013 at 09:18 AM. Reason: Please do not post weight numbers on TeenHelp.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Kindred Offline
You can handle anything
I've been here a while

Name: Eyeliner Failure

Re: Concerned About Weight? - April 10th 2013, 12:37 PM

Guys, you can't post weight numbers on here

Anyway, if you're at a healthy weight, losing weight can potentially cause more problems than it solves. The way to feel good about yourself isn't to lose weight guys, it's to change the way you think about yourself and see yourself as more than a weight figure >.>

You're beautiful. <3

Take as long as you need.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough

Name: Kelly

Re: Concerned About Weight? - April 10th 2013, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takoda View Post
Okay, so I'm currently about [Edited] pounds, and i'm about 5 foot, 4 inches tall. Should I be concerned about my weight?

I keep looking at the weight-to-height ratio charts, and they say i'm in the healthy zone, though close to overweight.

I have a bit of a stomach, but I'm not sure if it's too much, or if it's fine..?

I get embarrassed just walking down the hallway, because I don't want my stomach to jiggle and such xD

But if I could get some help on this, that'd be great! Thanks!

I'm in the same position right now. The thing is, you're still in a healthy weight!! I also have a fairly large 'beer gut'. Which of course makes me feel horrible. The best thing to do? Cut down SUGAR as much as possible. You will retain water if sugar is high in your diet (coffee with sugar, tea with sugar, nearly all juices and snacks).

Also, don't LOSE WEIGHT, instead GAIN MUSCLE! Don't do weight loss programs or exercises. Instead, focus on tightening your muscles. Running/jogging, Lifting weights, Sit ups, Crunches, etc.

This is a much healthier way. Yes, you will lose a little weight, but you will mostly be toning your muscles to make them tighter. So your stomach will look as if you lost weight, but you only tightened the muscle. You will likely not lose a significant amount, but will look as if you did.

Good luck!

Closed Thread