TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
samrose25 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

have you ever felt - May 22nd 2013, 01:24 AM

Have you ever felt
lost
lonely
awkward
sad
invisible?

how do you deal

(#2 (permalink)) Old
dessykins Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Odessa Fraser

Re: have you ever felt - May 23rd 2013, 05:36 PM

i went through the feelings a lot growing up. and i still go through them. i'm an only child, grew up in a neighborhood with very few kids.. so i instantly went into school being socially awkward and shy.. and i was even bullied for it. a lot of the insecurities i have now are because of the past and what i've gone through. but things got better..because thats what happen. things always find ways to get better, it might not always be in the way we want sometimes; but they do. we find ways to cope, we find ways to change how to look at things. its better to look at whats right, instead of wrong. surround yourself with the little things that do make you happy. and if anyone judges you in a negative way, then they aren't worth your time. its those who truly know you that matter most.
  Send a message via Skype™ to dessykins 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Adriana.Jennes Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Adriana

Re: have you ever felt - June 5th 2013, 06:11 PM

Hey there,

many people feel lost, lonely, awkward, sad and invisible, and it truly does hurt. However, we are here to help you take all of those feelings away. There are people here who are just like you and have experienced the same exact things. You can message me anytime, and talk to me a bit more about how you feel and I will make sure you don't feel alone, because you aren't.

Are you having a tough day or night? Then do this, place your hand over your heart. Feel that? That's called purpose. You're alive for a reason. Don't give up.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Not_here Offline
I can't get enough

Name: nobody

Re: have you ever felt - June 6th 2013, 12:27 AM

I felt all those things. I'm still trying to deal. I learned these three things.
1. grief
2. conquer
3. confront

okay, this initially set out to be for relationships but I can apply it here as well. I'm experimenting now, to see if it works in this case too. Let me go in depth with each one.
So first is grief. What I mean is cry if you have to. Feel your emotions. You're human, it's okay to feel these things. And feeling them fully is part of how to overcome it so it doesn't turn into depression. Because if you suppress them, they're sure to come back to haunt you.
Second is conquer. Who are you conquering? yourself. This is the time where you self discover, learn about new things, explore, take on hobbies, interests. Write your feelings in a journal. This is probably an ongoing thing too.
Third is confront. That means, you face it. You think of ways to resolve it. I didn't get up to this step yet and it's sure to be subject to interpretation but it might be different for each person. It's a how you settle with it, after you've accepted it in step two.

Closed Thread