TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
MsNobleEleanor Offline
Resource Editor

I can't get enough

Brushing/Flossing Your Teeth - October 11th 2013, 10:09 PM

I don't know about you, but I love brushing my teeth to have that clean fresh taste and feeling after. But have you ever forgotten to brush your teeth?

I think I'm not the only one who gets busy and forgets to brush my teeth?

I'm finding this is happening more and more, with College and everything else, I just don't think about it.

I would have it in the bathroom, but I share the bathroom with my roommates and I refuse leaving my tooth brush there, so it stays in my room.

So, I wanted to ask everyone to brainstorm idea's so myself and you can use, so you don't forget to brush those teeth.

I have one, which I've tried which ends horribly.

I've put my tooth brush and tooth paste in a plastic bag into my purse or bag. However, somehow that bag opens, then there is a mess...

Any idea's on this idea that I run into issues with?

And...
What are yours?

Have questions or would like to chat send me a PM
+
Senior Article Editor | Resource Editor
Outreach Ambassador | Social Media Guru
Community Moderator | Forum Moderator

(#2 (permalink)) Old
coolkid98 Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jenny

Re: Brushing/Flossing Your Teeth - October 12th 2013, 04:49 PM

Hi, yeah I do like the feeling of clean teeth and I do occasionally forget to brush them. You could write yourself a note for example on a post-it note where you'll see it reminding yourself to brush your teeth. Or you could leave your toothpaste in the bathroom as a casual reminder. Hope this helps

I'm here if anyone wants to talk, I'm always here. Feel free to VM or PM me

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Brushing/Flossing Your Teeth - October 12th 2013, 05:28 PM

I used to forget more when I was younger. It wasn't a lot but just the odd time... Now I pretty much never forget cause I just get so used to doing certain things when I go to bed (ex. taking the pill, taking other meds, brushing my teeth etc). I'm getting much better with a morning routine too. So when I "forget" to brush it'll be in the morning cause I tend to be busier then and I never consistently did the same things in the morning.

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions

(#4 (permalink)) Old
i_like_black Offline
Awesomesauce.
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Jess

Re: Brushing/Flossing Your Teeth - October 13th 2013, 12:01 AM

Instead of a plastic bag, how about one of those hard plastic cases people use for travel and stuff?

And there's always the option of putting a reminder on your phone, or using a watch beep as a cue to brush your teeth or something.

. . . I'm a fan of good oral hygiene, but I'm fairly slack about brushing my teeth actually. I'm trying to improve my habits, and I've started by getting a whitening toothpaste - the jury's out on whether or not they actually work, but studies have shown people using a "whitening" toothpaste brush their teeth more frequently than usual just from the idea that it will make their teeth whiter . . . motivation, lol.

Anywho phone reminders and a plastic travel case are all I can think of, sorry.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
~Divergent~ Offline
Struggling again.
I've been here a while

Name: Hailey

Re: Brushing/Flossing Your Teeth - October 13th 2013, 02:59 AM

I love the fresh taste after I brush my teeth. I do occasionally forget though...which is probably kind of bad, considering that I have braces...

I was going to suggest setting a reminder on your phone, but I saw that that idea was taken, so, two thumbs up for that! Maybe you'll also be reminded to brush your teeth when your roommates do it.

Member since 9/27/12
Buddy since 9/14/13

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Skeleton Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Charlie

Re: Brushing/Flossing Your Teeth - October 14th 2013, 12:33 PM

You could try and get yourself in a routine, if there is anything that you always seem to do before going to bed, you could try and fit brushing your teeth into that so before you go to bed you think 'I'll do this and then I'll brush my teeth and then I'll do that'. If not, as said you could try putting a reminder on your phone or even stick a post-it note to the mirror or something you look at regularly be reminded to do it. I guess we all get a bit distracted sometimes though because I sometimes forget too which is silly because I always go the loo before I get into bed so you'd think I'd remember, it's just about giving yourself a reminder and hoping it'll become more of a routine!

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Outside, huh?

Name: Cathy

Re: Brushing/Flossing Your Teeth - October 14th 2013, 04:40 PM

I pretty much agree with what the above poster is saying. The most important thing is to get yourself into a routine. I know for me, I brush my teeth and use the necessary mouthwash both in the morning and evenings. As for the flossing, I rarely floss my teeth, but if I feel like I need to floss my teeth, I just floss my teeth in the evening after I have showered and brushed my teeth at night.

Member Since 1/15/2012

(#8 (permalink)) Old
MsNobleEleanor Offline
Resource Editor

I can't get enough

Re: Brushing/Flossing Your Teeth - October 14th 2013, 09:39 PM

I have to agree with everyone here about putting a reminder on my phone or sticky notes.

I do tend to forget because I'm busy and don't think about it. I'm trying to get into a routine because I have a cleaning coming up soon. Which i don't want to forget to brush after I spent money for a cleaning where I need to continue with the cleaning myself.

I don't put my tooth brush in the bathroom for sanitary reasons; I share it with 3 other roommates. So, I guess I just keep it on my shelf when going to the main level (I have the entire basement to myself) and I don't see it. I could tape it sticking out... so I will always see it when I walk upstairs.

I will try everyone's idea's and I'll look into a plastic case as well for travel.

Thank You!

Have questions or would like to chat send me a PM
+
Senior Article Editor | Resource Editor
Outreach Ambassador | Social Media Guru
Community Moderator | Forum Moderator

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Lelola Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Brushing/Flossing Your Teeth - October 15th 2013, 10:55 PM

Start a routine. It was easier when I was in school because I wear contacts and I have to take my contacts out at night. So I threw the stuff into a crate and I'd take the crate in at night including face wash and all my mouth care.

Closed Thread