TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Most Likely Offline
Avete vos
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: -

Binaural Beats - The beauty of sound - October 23rd 2013, 03:16 PM

Hello everybody! This is AngelWings, and I'm here to present to you one of my favorite ways to deal with many physical and mental problems - anxiety, pain, fatigue, boredom... It doesn't force you to take pills. It doesn't force you to do any exhausting exercises. It's exact opposite - you will feel relaxed, happy, ready to start or carry on the day!

What is this wonder, you might ask? It's called binaural beats. What are they? They are specially prepared sounds or soundtracks, that stimulate your mind into producing many different types of brainwaves. There are different frequencies of those waves, and they produce different effects : some of them help you reduce anxiety, some allow you to relax your mind and body, some of them improve the ability to focus and study (especially effective in cases of ADHD and similar disorders), others help you stay awake (no need for coffee anymore!), some of them helps your creativity... There are many, many types of binaural beats soundtracks, so everybody can find something for yourself!

How do they work? It's simple. Those soundtracks play a little different frequencies of sounds in your ears, which gives the feeling like if the sound was pulsing. As I said before, this stimulates the brain to generates different brainwaves that have effect on your mind and body. Some of them even allow you to learn how to control your pain or dreams!

Now, what do we have to do for them to work? It's very simple :

1. Find yourself a quiet, warm, safe environment. We don't want to be disturbed by anything, so if you live with your parents, it might be a good idea to try this after they go out. Trust me - it's extremely irritating to be poked all the time... We need peace, it's a form of meditation after all.

2. Sit or lie in a comfortable position. Be it on a chair, a sofa... Whatever is comfortable and allows you to relax. If you want, you might cover yourself with a light blanket.

3. *This is necessary, without this you won't achieve anything!* Put heaphones on, or earphones in, whichever you have. You need them for binaural beats to work, as it does not have any effect if you play them through speakers.

4. Find and just start the binaural beats soundtrack you choose. If they have a lector that will tell you what to do, listen to them. If they don't, simply relax, focus your thoughts on the sounds you're hearing and let them heal you.

That's it. No pills. exercises. No monotone, stupid things you need to do.
And it works. It was proved to work as a type of alternative medicine around 20th century.

Please be aware of the fact, that those binaural beats might not work on you as they work on other people. Some people are less likely to be affected by them, which might require you to listen to those soundtracks for longer periods of time, or just find some that will work. Also, don't listen to them while driving, operating any machines (lol) or doing anything that requires high concentration and motorical skills.

I will put some of the clips here for you to use. They're free to use, and you can find more on YouTube. Just type "binaural beats", find one that interests you and voila - have fun!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CY61aAWcgU => Helps in studying, focusing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ea2eDyM3RE => Creative thinking, solving problems...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v49-JlN2m7w => Depression and anxiety

You can find MUCH more here : http://www.youtube.com/user/AudioEnt...?feature=watch

It's propably my favorite channel for finding binaural beats I'd want to use.

Now, please, remember that binaural beats should not be used to diagnosing and treating illnesses on it's own. They cannot make up for your doctor and psychologist. Also, if you suffer from illnesses like epilepsy, it might be a good idea to consult your doctor before using them.

If you have any questions about this - either post them here, or PM me anytime. I'll answer as soon as I'll see the message.

It's all from me for today. Good luck, see you next time, and have a wonderful day!

Lq

Who dares - wins.
  Send a message via Skype™ to Most Likely 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Thereishope Offline
Skittles Minion & Fish Thrower
I can't get enough

Name: Michael

Re: Binaural Beats - The beauty of sound - November 4th 2013, 11:51 PM

Thanks so much for sharing!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Corrupted Offline
Average Joe

Name: Jake

Re: Binaural Beats - The beauty of sound - November 5th 2013, 02:22 AM

Here's a website that has presets and is customizable with many different noises, including binaural beats (headphones are a must!): http://mynoise.net/NoiseMachines/binauralBrainwaveGenerator.php

"Structure is the enemy of progressive thought."

Closed Thread