TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Crazycatlady Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Gretch

Exercising - December 17th 2013, 01:56 AM

I want to try to get more exercise, partly to be a better influence (since my job consists of being a "healthy person") but also just to increase the quality of my health. However, every time I exercise, I get epic chest pain. It's been going on since I can remember. When I was a kid, I never understood why other people exercised because I've never gotten pleasure from it. I always just have chest pain for several hours afterwards. I know I should go to a doctor, I know I have heart arrhythmias that have been diagnosed this year, and there's a chance I need surgery to get rid of them. I also have a heart murmur caused by an aortic valvuloplasty I had when I was a kid. So I'm suspecting that it's my heart that's doing that.

Any advice on making exercise not suck?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Azure. Offline
Filling My Panties.
I can't get enough

Re: Exercising - December 18th 2013, 10:53 PM

Honestly, I think it's a good idea to go see a doctor. Even if you don't really want to, it's not a good idea to leave things as important as your heart unmonitored.
What kind of exercise do you do? If running bothers you, you may want to try things like core work or weight lifting. Switch up your routine to make exercising less boring. Also, make sure you are eating a healthy diet and not overworking yourself . Good luck, I hope this helped a bit .

vm-pm
♥♥♥
Find your light in a new dawn.
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Melody Pond Offline
is a superhero
I can't get enough

Name: Rachel

Re: Exercising - December 18th 2013, 11:05 PM

Serious chest pain when exercising is never good, especially with your history of heart problems.

I would really recommend seeing a doctor just to get a quick check over like blood pressure, ECG etc and make sure you heart is fine before you push yourself over your body's limits. If part of your job is being a healthy person and you want to improve the quality of your health then I recommend seeing someone about the chest pain, being healthy is not just about how you look and your fitness level, keeping on top of your heart problems will also improve the quality of your health.

In the meantime I'd recommend lighter exercise like swimming, try walking uphill on a treadmill or just light jogging and if you get chest pain then slow everything right down. Your body is trying to tell you something with the chest pain, don't ignore it an carry on pushing. Also non cardio stuff like weights, yoga,, Pilates etc would allow you to exercise without straining your heart a lot.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Lelola Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Exercising - December 19th 2013, 01:50 AM

For your safety, do NOT exercise till you see a doctor.

If you refuse to see a doctor, I'd recommend just walking and building up to anything else.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
demo45151 Offline
Banned
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Exercising - December 26th 2013, 07:23 AM

exercise is very important to stay healthy and fit. exercise help to reduce weight fast

(#6 (permalink)) Old
NotExactlyCrazy Offline
Average Joe

Name: Charlie
Location: Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning

Re: Exercising - December 31st 2013, 08:24 PM

It sounds like your best bet is definitely to go see your primary care physician. Better safe than sorry, right?

Keep us posted.

Closed Thread