TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
puala__koala Offline
Average Joe

making my flu worse - December 8th 2009, 07:33 PM

hi, im really stressed out at school and i dont wanna go back. my parents dont really care about my mental health so theyre trying to get me to go back. BUT me and my brother have a slight flu right now, so what i wanna do is make it like ten times worse that way i wont have to go to school for a really, really long time. so heres what i thought i could do:
not sleep
not drink water or anything
not eat for several hours at a time then eat something reallly heavy
take a bath in ice cold water
spin around till i puke

anything else?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Rob Offline
Project Coordinator

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Rob

Re: making my flu worse - December 8th 2009, 07:43 PM

I'm sorry, but all of those are really really terrible ideas. Not only could they make you very ill but some of them could potentially kill you. Particularly not drinking water and taking a bath in ice cold water could be highly damaging to your body. If you don't want to go to school, I think you should find alternative methods than endangering your life.

Last edited by Rob; December 9th 2009 at 04:11 PM.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Prozac Offline
Outside, huh?

Re: making my flu worse - December 8th 2009, 07:56 PM

Hey,

I agree with Rob, I think that you should dismiss those ideas completely. You shouldn't purposely try to harm yourself or make you feel worse to get out of school. I think that if you're having issues with your health then you should try and talk to your parents again and visit your doctor. If you're mental health is suffering then talking to teachers about how you're doing right now might be a good idea.

Take care.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
puala__koala Offline
Average Joe

Re: making my flu worse - December 8th 2009, 10:46 PM

my parents along with my teachers are all crazy and they wont listen to me. theyre the ones who are driving me to do things like this in teh first place.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Whisperer Offline
Find yourself and be that
I've been here a while

Name: Alessa

Re: making my flu worse - December 9th 2009, 12:18 AM

Hey there,
I agree with Rob and Stephanie. Even if you feel that way, you really shouldn't risk your life just to get out of school. Why don't you see if there is a school counselor you can talk with? At my school there are quite a few and they are always extremely helpful with trying to help make school not so icky! Also, you have to remember, education is the key to success. Skipping school or dropping out aren't going to get you anywhere in life. The more school you miss, the harder it is going to be to go back in the end. Although staying home always seems like the best plan, it really just makes you more stressed when you have to go back and have makeup work. I know it's easier said then done, but just try and relax. Take it one step at a time as you go back to school. It'll get easier for each day you go back. Trust me, I know from experience!
Feel free to PM me if you need any confidence boosters!
Take care,
Alessa

Whatever it is, chances are I've been there.
If I can make it out, you can too.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
puala__koala Offline
Average Joe

Re: making my flu worse - December 9th 2009, 04:01 PM

im trying to convince my parents to let me get a GED (i could still apply to collages and stuff so why do i care about missing some of my "education"?). i think that school can help you learn things and become well educated but thats only if you like your teachers, your school, and you wanna learn the stuff, if not youre just wasting your time.

besides im getting wayyy too stressed and i personally hate everythign there. id rather be sick in a hospital nearly dyign than go back. so im guessing that if my parents and everyone around me really doesnt care that much about me and is trying to force me to go back then thats whats going to end up happening. im nto the one with a choice here. im the one that is sayign "i cant take this anymore" and being pushed aside and ignored. well, since i seriously cant take this anymore but im being forced into it then i need to find a way out. this is a way out. can any of you guys come up w a better plan?

(#7 (permalink)) Old
puala__koala Offline
Average Joe

Re: making my flu worse - December 9th 2009, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
Hey,

I agree with Rob, I think that you should dismiss those ideas completely. You shouldn't purposely try to harm yourself or make you feel worse to get out of school. I think that if you're having issues with your health then you should try and talk to your parents again and visit your doctor. If you're mental health is suffering then talking to teachers about how you're doing right now might be a good idea.

Take care.
two of my teachers will be reasonable and not make me do that much stuff. but theyre the ones who are sane. the other two wanna make me do a shitload of work im clearly not able to do. when i sent them emails telling them i was really sick and i couldtn do work, they replied somethign along the lines of:
"well heres what youre gonna miss. you have to do five essays, make up thee tests, and do fifty pages in a work book by teh time you get back. if you cant do allt hat youll get 0's for all of it. oh, and did you turn in the three essays taht were due on monday? cause if you didnt youre getting 0's for all of them. i dont care if you were absent."

and you wonder why im stressed out. but yeah these two teachers are evil, subhuman, and dont really give a shit about me. theyre just angry at life for some reason and are taking it all out on the students. i hate high school with a burnign passion.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Whisperer Offline
Find yourself and be that
I've been here a while

Name: Alessa

Re: making my flu worse - December 9th 2009, 06:03 PM

Don't give up. Keep talking to your parents and let them know how you feel about going back to school. Just because they want you to go back does not mean they don't care about you. It means they DO care about you and they want you to succeed. Also if you get your GED it doesn't solve everything. Some colleges don't accept GEDs and even if they do, college is school. You are never going to like all your teachers, that's just the way it goes. Be thankful two of your teachers are understanding and will help you feel less stressed. For the other two, just take things at your pace. Do what you can now because it's better than doing nothing at all. Like I said before, contact your school and see if there are any counselors there who can help you out. They might even be able to speak with your teachers for you and make things a bit more reasonable. Just don't give up.

Also, even if you do get sick and go to the hospital, you will eventually have to go back to school. Missing more and more school just makes you more stressed out. Maybe even take baby steps getting back to school. Talk with your parents about going half of the day and then coming home for the rest. It's better than staying home all day. Besides, the holidays are coming up so I would think you'll probably have time off of school for them. If you can atleast get back into school for a bit you can get the makeup work and then take the time you need to do it during vacation. It's okay to be stressed, but try and find positive ways to deal with it rather than missing school. Try finding something you are interested in doing or write in a journal. Hang in there.

Whatever it is, chances are I've been there.
If I can make it out, you can too.

Closed Thread