TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Samantha

Question Question About Gynecologist Appts - January 10th 2010, 02:30 AM

This may need to be moved to sex/puberty. Im not sure.

ANY ADVICE OR ANSWERS ARE WELCOME!!!!!!!!

Okay so i know that im not going to go to the gyno until im 18 but im afraid i will forget if I dont ask now.

I am a virgin; however, I do masturbate. And i use like a "home-made dildo" most of the time. I was wondering if the gynecologist would have anyway of knowing that? And will a gyno ask if i masturbate? What is the first gynecologist appointment like (in other words what usually happens during the first appt)?

~Samantha~

PM me anytime

Recovering Self Harmer

Rape Survivor 9/28/11

The Day I Met My Soulmate 10/27/11

Last edited by no.ordinary.dreamer; January 10th 2010 at 03:39 AM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
krystal_333 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: female masturbation - gyno - January 10th 2010, 04:16 AM

hi im krystal......
first of all when you go to the gyno they will do a pap test the very first thing then they will do a breast exame and other standard testing ***depends on gyno*** they will ask you if you have had sex and if you have they will ask when was the last time, however; they will not ask you if you masturbate and they can not tell if you do!!! the only thing that they can tell is if your hymen has been broke (your cherry) many people think that if your hymen is broke that you have had sex but this is not true. your hymen can be broken by exercise, being very active such as playing sports, riding bikes and horses....so when a parent says that they are going to take you to the dr to see if you are still a virg. they cant test you to see that all they can do is see if your hymen is broken...........hope this helps feel free to email me if you need anymore help....krystal....

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Samantha

Re: female masturbation - gyno - January 10th 2010, 04:38 AM

So is it fairly common for a girl's hymen to be broken even if she is a virgin? And will the gyno check to see if my hymen is broken? And how do they check that exactly?
I'm so full of questions lol. The gyno just freaks me out cause it's so invasive and wierd and uncomfortable

Thank you so much you have been SUPER helpful!!!! Sorry I keep asking so many questions!

~Samantha~

PM me anytime

Recovering Self Harmer

Rape Survivor 9/28/11

The Day I Met My Soulmate 10/27/11

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Elizabeth Offline
Just keep swimming!
I've been here a while

Name: Elizabeth

Re: female masturbation - gyno - January 10th 2010, 05:55 AM

I think it is common for a girl's hymen to be broke. They will ask you if you are sexually active, and just say no. They aren't going to say, "Your hymen is broken, you aren't a virgin, LIAR!". It is common for a girl to have a broken hymen. I don't really think she will notice that much that your hymen is broken. It isn't that huge of a deal. The hymen is a peice of skin, and basically if it isn't there, it is broken.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
narissara Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: female masturbation - gyno - January 21st 2010, 12:39 AM

I was 16 at my first trip to the gyno and they just asked if I had been sexually active and did a pap test. Like they have been saying a broken hymen is no big deal. I don't think they will really care that you masturbate or use a dildo.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Lizzie Offline
Optimistic Witch :)

Outside, huh?

Name: Lizzie

Re: female masturbation - gyno - January 21st 2010, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no.ordinary.dreamer View Post
So is it fairly common for a girl's hymen to be broken even if she is a virgin? And will the gyno check to see if my hymen is broken? And how do they check that exactly?
I'm so full of questions lol. The gyno just freaks me out cause it's so invasive and wierd and uncomfortable

Thank you so much you have been SUPER helpful!!!! Sorry I keep asking so many questions!
Your gyno only wants to know if you are sexually active so he/she knows whether or not to check for signs of any STDS. They don't care if you do anything by yourself. Really, they don't, and they wont ask, so don't worry.

Interested in becoming a staff member? Feel free to PM me, or apply HERE!
::Teen Help Member Since 2006::
::Staff Member for six years::
~Blessed Be~

Closed Thread