TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Stardaze Offline
Hopeless Love
Jeez, get a life!

throwing up :( - April 20th 2010, 06:10 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I don't know if this would be triggering to anyone so i put the label on just in case.

Whenever i get really nervous, i feel sick to my stomach and i actually throw up. I don't know if that indicated something is wrong with me? I don't feel normal i guess when it happens? I hate when i throw up. It's one of the things i completely CANNOT stand. I just don't like the gagging feeling and ugh its so horrible.

Could it just be anxiety? Or is there something further i should be worried about? Is this abnormal?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Saphire Offline
♥♥♥
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Saphire

Re: throwing up :( - April 20th 2010, 07:49 PM

I'm exactly the same..
I absolutely HATE sick I cant stand being sick or being around other people being sick etccc, but when i'm reallyy nervous/scared I literally get 'worried sick.'

I think that now and again it can happen to anyone and you shouldnt worry about this, but if it happens more frequently it might be something more.

I'm no doctor so i cant really tell you, but if you feel like its a problem that's getting out of hand and is happening quite often then maybe you should go get checked out at the doctors.

Hope this helped

Saphire

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Algernon Offline
CPT-1 Phlebotomist
Outside, huh?

Name: Holly

Re: throwing up :( - April 20th 2010, 07:57 PM

I was JUST going to make this thread a day or so ago. I was throwing up and didn't know why, I was sick as a dog. I would have gone to the hospital but I don't have medical insurance =(

I think It's anxiety related. The only time I've ever thrown up from anxiety was due to intense emotional issues between my ex and I. I remember one time I knew he was going to say something bad, I got so nervous I ran to the bathroom in the middle of it. I think It's anxiety related. Maybe you just have a weak stomach

Geek? Nerd? More like intellectual badass.

"You ran through Africa, and Asia, and Indonesia.. And now I've found you, and I love you. I want to know your name."
  Send a message via Yahoo to Algernon  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Through-Glass Offline
<3
I've been here a while

Name: Jessi

Re: throwing up :( - April 20th 2010, 09:10 PM

Angelina,

It is common to get sick as a symptom of anxiety. I suggest that you try to lower your stress levels; when you start to feel sick, do something to calm you down. Write, take a long bath, go for a walk. If this does not seem to help and the vomiting continues for more than a couple of days, call your doctor.

Take care.

"For the first time
in a long time,
I can say that I wanna try.
I feel helpless for the most part,
but I'm learning to open my eyes.
And the sad truth of the matter is,
I'll never get over it,
but I'm gonna try
to get better and overcome each moment
in my own way"

Motion City Soundtrack, "Even If It Kills Me"
  Send a message via Yahoo to Through-Glass  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!

Re: throwing up :( - April 20th 2010, 11:08 PM

If you're vomiting on a regular basis even though it's probably brought on by anxiety i think you should consult your doctor. Chances are it's the anxiety that needs treating rather than the actual vomiting. Theres always a chance that the two could be unrelated and you have some sort of virus (although it's unlikely if you've noticed a pattern.) But anyways, if it continues see your doctor and see what he/she suggests.

..and our dreams will break the boundaries of our fears..

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Katie

Re: throwing up :( - April 21st 2010, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elle. View Post
If you're vomiting on a regular basis even though it's probably brought on by anxiety i think you should consult your doctor. Chances are it's the anxiety that needs treating rather than the actual vomiting. Theres always a chance that the two could be unrelated and you have some sort of virus (although it's unlikely if you've noticed a pattern.) But anyways, if it continues see your doctor and see what he/she suggests.
I agree with this and I'll also add that I get nauseous when I get nervous, but I've never actually thrown up because of it.

LHO: March 31, 2008- October 13, 2012
Associate LHO October 13, 2012

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Stacey Offline
BrokenInsanity circa 2004
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Stacey

Re: throwing up :( - April 22nd 2010, 03:24 PM

Like others have said, if this is something that happens to you a lot, consult your doctor. However, anxiety causes people to throw up, especially when someone gets really nervous. The best thing to do is try and find something that helps calm you down; for example, I have friends in a band and several of them get so anxious before a gig that they throw up. To calm themselves down, one brings their handheld gaming system and plays a level or two, another one reads a few pages of their favorite novel and another calls their best friend. Finding something that can help you control the level to which you get anxiety when you're nervous can be a huge benefit in this situation. A doctor can also discusss options with you in terms of how to control or limit the anixety you feel and its symptoms.

"Remember what you're worth
Remember you're worth fighting for
Remember you're not a punching bag
Remember you're not a doormat
Remember you are valuable
Remember you are repairable
Remember you matter
Remember they don't."

-jwh

(#8 (permalink)) Old
zumbaqueen2012 Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Mia

Re: throwing up :( - April 22nd 2010, 09:10 PM

I used to get really nauseous when I was teenager, if I was nervous.
I've calmed down a lot over the last year or two, and it doesnt happen anymore.
I think when I started working, I got that bit of extra confidence and I didnt really have a need to be anxious anymore.
If it continues, please see your doctor.
  Send a message via MSN to zumbaqueen2012  
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Spellbound Offline
LGRW
Outside, huh?

Re: throwing up :( - April 22nd 2010, 09:58 PM

I agree with what Elle said.

As for me, when I get really anxious, I always get a terrible stomachache. Sometimes I feel like I'm going to throw up or pass out, although neither of those have happened.
I hope you end up feeling better and that if it continues to go to the doctor.

Send a message via MSN to Spellbound  
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
Prozac Offline
Outside, huh?

Re: throwing up :( - April 24th 2010, 04:26 PM

Hey Angelina,

As you may have already noticed, you're certainly not alone in this problem and it can be quite a common response to nervousness or anxiety. As you have seen a pattern in your sickness and anxiety then it is more than likely that they may be interlinked in some way.
Treatment for anxiety could potentially be very helpful to you, Angelina, and I would recommend that you to try and talk to a doctor or even just a counsellor/therapist about what's going on. Therapy can be very helpful when dealing with anxiety.

Take care of yourself.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
BDF Offline
I can't get enough

Name: BDF

Re: throwing up :( - April 24th 2010, 07:52 PM

I don't think there's much you can do about throwing up when you are nervous. Different people have different reactions... it's that simple. I doubt there's anything wrong with ur digestive system... but obviously you could still get it checked out.

If you want to do something about it, look for advice on how do deal with nervousness. Ive never thrown up from getting nervous... but Ive had that funny feeling in my stomach like something kicking it from the inside. Rofl... when I was really young, and I had that feeling I thought I was pregnant... fuck me lol. Thats when I knew NOTHING about biology bear in mind.

Closed Thread