TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Love My Son And Baby Girl!!
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Brandi

Red face ok.. i need help.. - April 26th 2010, 06:28 AM

so my fiancees prom is at the end of may.. and i bought my prom dress.. but its a little short.. and im selfconcious... and it looks REALLY goood on me.. BUT i still have the baby weight from my son.. and i need something that can help me kick it down a bit lol like a diet or something...

and the shortness is ok exept for the thing about me bn self concious..

my dress has stretchie material around the bust and tummeh.. and thats good and all.. exept around the tummy.. it kinda hugs and idk what ot do :S i bought a tummy sucker things i tihnk there called cupids or something.. like the brand is cupid but ne way.. and it works good.. exept it kinda hurts the lady parts after a while and i dont wanna b in pain 4 prom night lol and my dress is backless and this thing goes up to about the middle of my shoulderblades.. so yea..

HELPPPP

I know if i thinjk im pretty./. and he thinks im pretty nothing else matters but :P

and im having trouble sticking to an exersise plan.. liek ill b completely devoted to it for.. about a week. then i skip one day.. then two... then a week.. and it goes on and on i bought DDR for the wii to help me get in gear i figure if its fun its not so hard.. right?... Right?? :S

Send a message via AIM to Juggalette Mommy Send a message via MSN to Juggalette Mommy Send a message via Yahoo to Juggalette Mommy  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
emoticon Offline
confused.
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Michelle

Re: ok.. i need help.. - April 26th 2010, 11:10 PM

Wow I burn so many calories by ddr. And I'm a preety tiny person. You can also just cut back on how much food you eat. And also having a dinner by 5pm will help greatly. Don't snack too much especially at night.

" One day at a time, this is enough. Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has not yet come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering. "

i wonder when i'll finally jsut start accepting myself, when i'll stop saying i wish i could be like that person.

i have facebook, and myspace. and you can ask for it. :P
  Send a message via Yahoo to emoticon  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Kitty. Offline
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Kitty

Re: ok.. i need help.. - April 27th 2010, 05:27 AM

Simply cut out fatty foods and start exercising. Listen to your favorite songs while exercising and things like that.
Don't feel self-conscious. Hun, you just had a baby. This is completely normal
Good luck! Have fun at prom
  Send a message via MSN to Kitty.  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Algernon Offline
CPT-1 Phlebotomist
Outside, huh?

Name: Holly

Re: ok.. i need help.. - April 27th 2010, 06:23 AM

If you look like you do in your picture, you're cute =P I wouldn't worry. Just maybe get another dress and save yourself the trouble if you feel so self concious. I don't like my legs because they are thick, so I usuallly use some lotion and it makes them look better. Try and find ways to make yourself feel better... Is a cami an option for you?

Geek? Nerd? More like intellectual badass.

"You ran through Africa, and Asia, and Indonesia.. And now I've found you, and I love you. I want to know your name."
  Send a message via Yahoo to Algernon  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Junior TeenHelper

Re: ok.. i need help.. - April 28th 2010, 01:15 AM

ok this is what my body type is.. NE FAT COMMENTS AND I KICK ASS! lol

n then ull see y im so :S

n i put my dress in one of the pix lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2010-04-27 19-10-05.818.jpg (31.4 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg 2010-04-27 19-12-51.436.jpg (30.4 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg 2010-04-27 19-15-17.358.jpg (33.6 KB, 13 views)

Send a message via AIM to Juggalette Mommy Send a message via MSN to Juggalette Mommy Send a message via Yahoo to Juggalette Mommy  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Algernon Offline
CPT-1 Phlebotomist
Outside, huh?

Re: ok.. i need help.. - April 28th 2010, 01:34 AM

I really like your hair. You're pretty. I don't have a bad view of overweight people. I know lots of people who are attracted to bigger people, like myself.

Just try to be comfortable. If you aren't just take the dress back and get another one.

Like this, It's good for hiding a stomach, shoulders a bit.

http://www5.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6.aspx...EXTERNAL|71836

Or this, It's a prommy color.
http://www3.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6.aspx...EXTERNAL|71836

And if It makes you feel any better.... I never went to any of my proms. Ever.

"You ran through Africa, and Asia, and Indonesia.. And now I've found you, and I love you. I want to know your name."
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Junior TeenHelper

Re: ok.. i need help.. - April 28th 2010, 03:30 AM

lol i went to my prom last year.. 4 months preg with a dress that was to big in the chest to small in the tummy and to long for comfort lol

so

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Steph-O
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Stephanie

Re: ok.. i need help.. - May 2nd 2010, 06:34 PM

ddr is amazing for burning calories... I have been addicted to it for like 5 years. it is my number one favorite way to lose weight. I also love doing it with friends. If you have a friend of yours u can maybe by another pad and compete with eachother haha. Also workout mode is great. Drink lots of water, and if you dont feel like exercizing or if u feel like you dont have time, spead it out through the day... sometimes i just do 10 minutes cuz im lazy lol, but even that speeds up your metabolism. Green tea is a great idea too. Personally i think you look great but if you'd like to drop a few little lbs before the prom just for confidence, I really think you could do it.

Like a diet of the mind, I just choose not to indulge certain appetites; like my appetite for patterns; perhaps my appetite to imagine and to dream. - A Beautiful Mind

I met Steven October 3rd, 2008. We've been practically inseperable ever since. ♥
  Send a message via AIM to darkinnocenteyes Send a message via Skype™ to darkinnocenteyes 
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Algernon Offline
CPT-1 Phlebotomist
Outside, huh?

Re: ok.. i need help.. - May 2nd 2010, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisexual Juggalette Mommy View Post
lol i went to my prom last year.. 4 months preg with a dress that was to big in the chest to small in the tummy and to long for comfort lol

so
Well I took my time to help you I don't know what to tell you. Have a good time.

Closed Thread