TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
L'espoir Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Jen

Eating - May 1st 2010, 05:02 PM

Im not sure if there is actually something wrong with me or not but lately I haven't been feeling like I can face eating fatty or unhealthy foods and I also haven't been feeling like eating as often as usual. All I feel like drinking is water all day and all I want to eat is very plain foods. I usually love cake and chocolate and sweets and crips and ice cream and pizza (Yuh, unhealthy I know!) but lately I haven't felt like eating and it makes me feel a bit queasy... I only want to eat plain pasta or something. I don't think I'm explaining it very well but I just feel a bit off with my eating and I'm unsure whats going on. It could be nothing for all I know but I feel quite under the weather if I dont eat healthily enough

PM // VM

Last edited by L'espoir; May 1st 2010 at 08:44 PM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Stay determined
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Cara

Re: Eating - May 1st 2010, 06:14 PM

I go through phases like this where the smell and sight of greasy fatty foods makes me want to throw up. If it lasts for a long time maybe think about seeing someone but it probably won't be a long term thing. Even if it is a long term thing at least you'll be eating healthy

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Frosty Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Eating - May 2nd 2010, 11:00 AM

You don't want to eat unhealthy food? What's the problem here?

Having said that, if your recent eating habits have involved constantly eating bowls of plain pasta, that's hardly a healthy change.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
L'espoir Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Eating - May 2nd 2010, 11:19 AM

It's not so much that I dont want to eat unhealthy foods, it's more that anything that isn't plain makes me feel a bit queasy when I think of eating.

PM // VM

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Frosty Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Eating - May 2nd 2010, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dement View Post
It's not so much that I dont want to eat unhealthy foods, it's more that anything that isn't plain makes me feel a bit queasy when I think of eating.
What do you mean by "plain"? Is your inability to eat anything that isn't "plain" preventing you from eating anything healthy?

(#6 (permalink)) Old
L'espoir Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Eating - May 2nd 2010, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
What do you mean by "plain"? Is your inability to eat anything that isn't "plain" preventing you from eating anything healthy?
I'm not great at explaining so I will try and give examples. Like when I eat my tea I only feel like eating my vegetables. I don't feel like I can stomach any bread-y things like sandwiches or toast. I have mainly been eating apples, vegetables, plain pasta and yoghurts.

PM // VM

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Frosty Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Eating - May 2nd 2010, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dement View Post
I'm not great at explaining so I will try and give examples. Like when I eat my tea I only feel like eating my vegetables. I don't feel like I can stomach any bread-y things like sandwiches or toast. I have mainly been eating apples, vegetables, plain pasta and yoghurts.
Like I said before, plain pasta isn't the greatest choice, but lots of vegies and some fruit + dairy is great. What about other animal products though? Just don't eat them? They not "plain" enough to be eaten with this problem?

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Saphire Offline
♥♥♥
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Saphire

Re: Eating - May 2nd 2010, 05:33 PM

Swapping chocolate, ice cream, crisps etc for yoghurts, fruits and vegetables is actually a good change! However, you must add some protein into your new diet for that balance we all need. I wouldn't worry too much unless you stop wanting any food at all, because what you are eating is fine.. just remember to keep it all in balance

Saphire

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Steph-O
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Stephanie

Re: Eating - May 2nd 2010, 06:02 PM

Sometimes our bodies send subliminal messages so that we eat the things that have the nutrients we need in them. For instance, if I go a long while where I feel like I'm eating a lot of sugary or heavy foods, I tend to get sick of them, and then I start craving different foods, healthier foods. My advice would to be to balance everything out. If you feel like you cant handle a lot of sugary foods right now, that's a good thing. That is your body saying it needs something else. Avoiding a lot of sugary and fatty foods and replacing them with good choices will make you feel a lot better, make it easier to maintain a healthy body weight, etc. Just don't worry too much about it. When you do crave some sweet stuff again, don't say O NO i cant have it, just eat what you like, but watch your portions of the sugary stuff and your b A OK. Just make sure your getting enough protien. Chicken, fish, and turkey are excelent sources of protien and don't carry as much saturated fat as some other meats. Sorry, haha I'm a food nerd, I'm going to school to be a dietician, go figure. lol

Like a diet of the mind, I just choose not to indulge certain appetites; like my appetite for patterns; perhaps my appetite to imagine and to dream. - A Beautiful Mind

I met Steven October 3rd, 2008. We've been practically inseperable ever since. ♥
  Send a message via AIM to darkinnocenteyes Send a message via Skype™ to darkinnocenteyes 
Closed Thread