TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: MUSIC IN MY HEART

Have not eaten all day and tired dizzy and weird dreams and lost period sigh - December 19th 2010, 09:50 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of eating disorders, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I can't eat eatWhat can I do ? What's wrong I'm nervous

I see doc tommorow

Last edited by Music In My Heart 120; December 19th 2010 at 10:37 PM.
  Send a message via AIM to Music In My Heart 120 Send a message via MSN to Music In My Heart 120 Send a message via Yahoo to Music In My Heart 120 Send a message via Skype™ to Music In My Heart 120 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Have not eaten all day and dizzy an weriod dreams also tired and weak HELP please - December 19th 2010, 10:38 PM

Please help
  Send a message via AIM to Music In My Heart 120 Send a message via MSN to Music In My Heart 120 Send a message via Yahoo to Music In My Heart 120 Send a message via Skype™ to Music In My Heart 120 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
FlyingTrue Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Have not eaten all day and tired dizzy and weird dreams and lost period sigh - December 19th 2010, 11:09 PM

It is obvious from my standpoint that you are already suffering severe health effects from lack of nutrition. I suggest just to start with, just look in your fridge or closet and see what, if anything appeals to you.

What is it that is making you feel negatively about food?
  Send a message via Skype™ to FlyingTrue 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Have not eaten all day and tired dizzy and weird dreams and lost period sigh - December 19th 2010, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingTrue View Post
It is obvious from my standpoint that you are already suffering severe health effects from lack of nutrition. I suggest just to start with, just look in your fridge or closet and see what, if anything appeals to you.

What is it that is making you feel negatively about food?
Stress and fights with my mom etc I feel bad an stressed alone
Won't eat no food appeals an I need to punish me
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
FlyingTrue Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Have not eaten all day and tired dizzy and weird dreams and lost period sigh - December 20th 2010, 12:32 AM

One thing I noticed a while back is when you don't eat for a significant period of time, it completely kills your appetite, sort of like you are experiencing now. Most likely it would come back when you do eat something that tastes good. Such as cake.

Whatever the situation is with your mother or the stress, it is no reason to punish yourself like this. If you continue like this you might die. Nobody deserves to suffer this way, and she wouldn't want this either.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Have not eaten all day and tired dizzy and weird dreams and lost period sigh - December 20th 2010, 12:35 AM

Quote:
One thing I noticed a while back is when you don't eat for a significant period of time, it completely kills your appetite, sort of like you are experiencing now. Most likely it would come back when you do eat something that tastes good. Such as cake.

Whatever the situation is with your mother or the stress, it is no reason to punish yourself like this. If you continue like this you might die. Nobody deserves to suffer this way, and she wouldn't want this either.
Yea but still I'm trying to punish me maybe tmrw at lunch I'll eat maybe
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
FlyingTrue Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Have not eaten all day and tired dizzy and weird dreams and lost period sigh - December 20th 2010, 12:39 AM

You've punished yourself enough, and there is no justification for this level of suffering you are putting yourself through. Your condition could deteriorate exponentially by then. Just put something small like a cookie in your mouth, just to taste it. Lets just start with taste and work from there.
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Have not eaten all day and tired dizzy and weird dreams and lost period sigh - December 20th 2010, 12:41 AM

Quote:
You've punished yourself enough, and there is no justification for this level of suffering you are putting yourself through. Your condition could deteriorate exponentially by then. Just put something small like a cookie in your mouth, just to taste it. Lets just start with taste and work from there.
My side on my tummy it's pulsing in minor pain now an dizzy
I'll eat tmrw maybe
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
FlyingTrue Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Have not eaten all day and tired dizzy and weird dreams and lost period sigh - December 20th 2010, 12:51 AM

Those are alarming symptoms of severe malnutrition. The type that people end up hospitalized on the brink of death, if they even make it to the hospital. Do you really want to end up like this?

Eating something will help make you better. Nothing bad will happen if you eat something. However, something bad will happen if you do not. Please...
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Have not eaten all day and tired dizzy and weird dreams and lost period sigh - December 20th 2010, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Those are alarming symptoms of severe malnutrition. The type that people end up hospitalized on the brink of death, if they even make it to the hospital. Do you really want to end up like this?

Eating something will help make you better. Nothing bad will happen if you eat something. However, something bad will happen if you do not. Please...
Why do you care and insist so much???
And I see my doc tommorow I'll eat lunch tommorow probably
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Have not eaten all day and tired dizzy and weird dreams and lost period sigh - December 20th 2010, 01:08 AM

Quote:

And I see my doc tommorow I'll eat lunch tommorow probably
An I dont Want something bad to happen
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
FlyingTrue Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Have not eaten all day and tired dizzy and weird dreams and lost period sigh - December 20th 2010, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music In My Heart 120 View Post
Well, standard human nature dictates that people should care about one another, and one of the many reasons I joined this site is because I like to care. After all, If I was in a similar situation, I'd want someone else to do the same for me.

Just take one small bite of something. Anything. That is all I ask right now.
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Have not eaten all day and tired dizzy and weird dreams and lost period sigh - December 20th 2010, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Well, standard human nature dictates that people should care about one another, and one of the many reasons I joined this site is because I like to care. After all, If I was in a similar situation, I'd want someone else to do the same for me.

Just take one small bite of something. Anything. That is all I ask right now.
I'll eat tommorow and I'll be ok
Thanks
  (#14 (permalink)) Old
FlyingTrue Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Have not eaten all day and tired dizzy and weird dreams and lost period sigh - December 20th 2010, 01:39 AM

Why do you want to wait until tomorrow? What kind of benefit do you believe exists by waiting another day?

Also in your other thread, you mentioned that you like dancing, what kind of dancing do you enjoy?
  (#15 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Have not eaten all day and tired dizzy and weird dreams and lost period sigh - December 20th 2010, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Why do you want to wait until tomorrow? What kind of benefit do you believe exists by waiting another day?

Also in your other thread, you mentioned that you like dancing, what kind of dancing do you enjoy?
I'm a dancer and do a variety o dances like tap or jazz or ballet
Ballet my fav .

Maybe I'll wait until dinner to eat tommorow
To punish me and body more
  (#16 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Have not eaten all day and tired dizzy and weird dreams and lost period sigh - December 20th 2010, 01:50 AM

Dancing now
  (#17 (permalink)) Old
FlyingTrue Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Have not eaten all day and tired dizzy and weird dreams and lost period sigh - December 20th 2010, 02:19 AM

That's sounds quite fun, unfortunately I was never a pretty good with dancing but I am quite skillful with my passion, aviation.

You've punished yourself enough already, what you are doing is very unhealthy and the longer you wait the worse your condition will become. I beg of you to just take one bite of something.
  (#18 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Have not eaten all day and tired dizzy and weird dreams and lost period sigh - December 20th 2010, 02:24 AM

Quote:
That's sounds quite fun, unfortunately I was never a pretty good with dancing but I am quite skillful with my passion, aviation.

You've punished yourself enough already, what you are doing is very unhealthy and the longer you wait the worse your condition will become. I beg of you to just take one bite of something.

I'll eat tommorow and sucking on a mint now I'll be fine

Everyone can dance does not have to be perfect
  (#19 (permalink)) Old
FlyingTrue Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Have not eaten all day and tired dizzy and weird dreams and lost period sigh - December 20th 2010, 02:39 AM

Well a mint is a very good start here, a very positive step in the right direction. I'd feel better though if you ate just a few bites of something that has nutritional properties tonight.
  (#20 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Have not eaten all day and tired dizzy and weird dreams and lost period sigh - December 20th 2010, 02:45 AM

Quote:
Well a mint is a very good start here, a very positive step in the right direction. I'd feel better though if you ate just a few bites of something that has nutritional properties tonight.
Thanks but I'll be ok I see my doc in the morning anyways
I sucked not ate minT
  (#21 (permalink)) Old
FlyingTrue Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Have not eaten all day and tired dizzy and weird dreams and lost period sigh - December 20th 2010, 02:53 AM

Well tasting and sucking on something is the first important part. How about we try sucking on a grape or a blueberry now.
  (#22 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Have not eaten all day and tired dizzy and weird dreams and lost period sigh - December 20th 2010, 02:57 AM

Quote:
Well tasting and sucking on something is the first important part. How about we try sucking on a grape or a blueberry now.
No body might think I'll let it eat no
I'm eating dinner tommorrow
I'll be ok
  (#23 (permalink)) Old
FlyingTrue Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Have not eaten all day and tired dizzy and weird dreams and lost period sigh - December 20th 2010, 03:15 AM

Please do not keep pushing this off, I'm worried about you here.
  (#24 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Have not eaten all day and tired dizzy and weird dreams and lost period sigh - December 20th 2010, 03:24 AM

Quote:
Please do not keep pushing this off, I'm worried about you here.
I'll be ok and I see my doc tmrw morning
Besides only a day I have not eaten
  (#25 (permalink)) Old
FlyingTrue Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Have not eaten all day and tired dizzy and weird dreams and lost period sigh - December 20th 2010, 03:35 AM

Your other threads indicate to me that you have been having an ongoing struggle with this, with this constant malnourishment a day is a very substantial amount of time. I'd feel better if you just took one bite of something tonight.
  (#26 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Have not eaten all day and tired dizzy and weird dreams and lost period sigh - December 20th 2010, 03:41 AM

Quote:
Your other threads indicate to me that you have been having an ongoing struggle with this, with this constant malnourishment a day is a very substantial amount of time. I'd feel better if you just took one bite of something tonight.
I'll be be ok I'll eat ethier lunch or dinner tommorow
  (#27 (permalink)) Old
FlyingTrue Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Have not eaten all day and tired dizzy and weird dreams and lost period sigh - December 20th 2010, 03:54 AM

That's still a fairly long time from now, why not breakfast?
  (#28 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Have not eaten all day and tired dizzy and weird dreams and lost period sigh - December 20th 2010, 03:57 AM

Quote:
That's still a fairly long time from now, why not breakfast?
No
And tummy hurts feels like I need to throw up
  (#29 (permalink)) Old
FlyingTrue Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Have not eaten all day and tired dizzy and weird dreams and lost period sigh - December 20th 2010, 04:21 AM

That's another symptom of severe undernourishment. Before I go to sleep tonight I need to ascertain a commitment that you're going to eat something.
  (#30 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Have not eaten all day and tired dizzy and weird dreams and lost period sigh - December 20th 2010, 04:24 AM

Quote:
That's another symptom of severe undernourishment. Before I go to sleep tonight I need to ascertain a commitment that you're going to eat something.
I'll eat ethier Lucy or dinner tommorow
  (#31 (permalink)) Old
FlyingTrue Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Have not eaten all day and tired dizzy and weird dreams and lost period sigh - December 20th 2010, 04:30 AM

Ok, I need you to make it official. Promise me right now that you will eat tomorrow.
  (#32 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Have not eaten all day and tired dizzy and weird dreams and lost period sigh - December 20th 2010, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Ok, I need you to make it official. Promise me right now that you will eat tomorrow.
Ummmm not sure I can promise
  (#33 (permalink)) Old
FlyingTrue Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Have not eaten all day and tired dizzy and weird dreams and lost period sigh - December 20th 2010, 04:39 AM

I need you to. This is important.
  (#34 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Have not eaten all day and tired dizzy and weird dreams and lost period sigh - December 20th 2010, 04:51 AM

Quote:
I need you to. This is important.
Hmmm not sure I can
  (#35 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Have not eaten all day and tired dizzy and weird dreams and lost period sigh - December 20th 2010, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music In My Heart 120 View Post

Hmmm not sure I can
Ok I promise
  (#36 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Doc appt info! - December 20th 2010, 05:50 PM

Got done with my doc appt

I'm at a really low weight apparently and my doctor is very worried about my health and weight so she wants me
To come in once a month to check my weight and my health
She also wants me to come in january for a complete physical .

She says I'm on exercise restriction until I get enough calories in me and also nutrition in me and until she feels it's safe for me an my body to be active
That's the update
  (#37 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Have not eaten all day and tired dizzy and weird dreams and lost period sigh - December 20th 2010, 09:42 PM

I am glad that you will be seeing your doctor once a month. I think that will be a good thing. It will ensure that you are getting the proper medical attention for this issue. It is definitely a step in the right direction.

Do you think you could talk to your doctor about taking supplement drinks? While they are not something you can live off of it can help your body get some nutrients. It might also help you slowly get used to having something in your stomach and then you could work on slowly eating. It can be really hard to stop eating after you have restricted for so long so the supplement drinks might be a good way to help you on the road to recovery. However, ask your doctor about that before you try it.

Another thing you could try doing is eating fruits and vegetables. When my Eating disorder is being loud it can help to eat veggies and fruits because I know they are healthy for me. And by eating veggies and fruits you would be getting some nutrition and that too could help you get back into eating.

Also, someone once mentioned turning eating into a fun thing. Our eating disorders distort eating and make it a bad thing so if you make it fun it could help. You could try inviting people over and have a pizza party. Another way you can turn eating into a fun thing is by cooking things that appeal to you. If nothing sounds good try experimenting with different foods and go from there. Try to put the fun back in eating because it can take some power away from your Eating Disorder.

I believe you said you are currently in out patient treatment for all of this. Are you talking to your doctors? Have they been able to help you? Have they given you a meal plan? It might help if you are really open with your doctors about the struggles you have with eating so they can cater to your needs and get you the proper help.

I hope this helped.

Jenna

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#38 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Have not eaten all day and tired dizzy and weird dreams and lost period sigh - December 21st 2010, 01:09 AM

Yes I have been open with my treatment team and my doctor is teaming with my therapist

and my dentist also my job supervisor and my friends/family,volunteering supervisor are all supporting me and helping besides treatment team. Ill try to make eating fun might actually help and my doctor wants me drinking two supplments a day yikes supplements have cals yikes screaming scared

Cals scare the heck out of me

friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~CourageousSurvivor~ View Post
I am glad that you will be seeing your doctor once a month. I think that will be a good thing. It will ensure that you are getting the proper medical attention for this issue. It is definitely a step in the right direction.

Do you think you could talk to your doctor about taking supplement drinks? While they are not something you can live off of it can help your body get some nutrients. It might also help you slowly get used to having something in your stomach and then you could work on slowly eating. It can be really hard to stop eating after you have restricted for so long so the supplement drinks might be a good way to help you on the road to recovery. However, ask your doctor about that before you try it.

Another thing you could try doing is eating fruits and vegetables. When my Eating disorder is being loud it can help to eat veggies and fruits because I know they are healthy for me. And by eating veggies and fruits you would be getting some nutrition and that too could help you get back into eating.

Also, someone once mentioned turning eating into a fun thing. Our eating disorders distort eating and make it a bad thing so if you make it fun it could help. You could try inviting people over and have a pizza party. Another way you can turn eating into a fun thing is by cooking things that appeal to you. If nothing sounds good try experimenting with different foods and go from there. Try to put the fun back in eating because it can take some power away from your Eating Disorder.

I believe you said you are currently in out patient treatment for all of this. Are you talking to your doctors? Have they been able to help you? Have they given you a meal plan? It might help if you are really open with your doctors about the struggles you have with eating so they can cater to your needs and get you the proper help.

I hope this helped.

Jenna
  (#39 (permalink)) Old
FlyingTrue Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Have not eaten all day and tired dizzy and weird dreams and lost period sigh - December 21st 2010, 02:11 AM

So that's good, sounds like your appointments went pretty well and that you're going to have a lot of support with you as you are dealing with this.

Did you eat anything today?
  (#40 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Have not eaten all day and tired dizzy and weird dreams and lost period sigh - December 21st 2010, 02:28 AM

Quote:
So that's good, sounds like your appointments went pretty well and that you're going to have a lot of support with you as you are dealing with this.

Did you eat anything today?
Dancing now

I ate only half of sandwhich and pickle today
Closed Thread