TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount7

Edit avatar

Shin pain? - September 19th 2011, 08:30 AM

Yikes, everything hurts at the moment, think I may be falling to bits. Seriously though, my shins are absolutely killing me. I keep getting this aching shooting pain when I move my feet and it's driving me nuts. It hurts more to walk or drive or put weight on, and I can't think what caused it. It's not like I've spontaneously begun power walking or any rigorous foot exercise, and the only thing I can think of is that I've been taxi-ing my sister everywhere at the moment which means I'm driving all day everyday.
Any ideas? Or...tips on how to make it better? I don't like painkillers....

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough

Name: Kelly

Re: Shin pain? - September 19th 2011, 03:48 PM

You could try warm baths, cold or warm compresses (try both until you know which one works for you), epsom salt baths. If it is not a muscle pain, then you should stay off of it (though you should attempt to walk and work your muscles still).

Otherwise, I can't think of much more you can do. Hope it goes away. I say if it keeps up for a week or so, you may consider a doctor. <3

(#3 (permalink)) Old
blurryface Offline
|-/
Senior TeenHelper

Name: anathema

Re: Shin pain? - September 19th 2011, 04:41 PM

Have you ever had shin splints? I've had them a few times and the only way I can describe it is like you said, aching shooting pain, like someone's driving a nail up my shin. Depending on how long it keeps up, like Kelly said, you might wanna see a doctor. But warm baths and epsom salts do help.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount7

Edit avatar

Re: Shin pain? - September 19th 2011, 08:45 PM

Yeah, I used to be really prone to them. I just remembered, I took my fiance's dogs for a walk - or rather, the dogs walked me, and they ended up with me sprinting down the street after them in ballet flats. I have flat feet, no joke, so I figure this is what's caused it. The splints used to be real bad when I didn't have inserts in my shoes when I used to run.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
blurryface Offline
|-/
Senior TeenHelper

Name: anathema

Re: Shin pain? - September 20th 2011, 03:55 AM

Ahh yeah that might have something to do with it. I know for me personally for me painkillers didnt work and epsom salts/warm bath/lotion didn't do much. But I'm not you. So try that haha

Closed Thread