TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Alvin2011 Offline
Banned
Welcome me, I'm new!

sleeping problem - September 28th 2011, 12:36 PM

Hey...
Guys i have a problem... Mostly i can't sleep well at night now a days i am addict of sleeping pills....
Even sometime pills also can't effect me when i am in tension... Guys how can i resolve this problem... i want relax sleep how can it possible

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough

Name: Kelly

Re: sleeping problem - September 28th 2011, 02:53 PM

Do you know why you are having trouble sleeping? Perhaps it is anxiety. There are several ways to help you sleep better without sleep medicines, as those can become addictive and after taking them for awhile, you build up tolerance and need to up the dosage.

- Always try to sleep at the same time every night.
- Get up at the same time every single day.
- Don't eat before bed. (A small snack an hour before bed is good so you are not hungry during the night)
- Drink some caffeine free tea. (This will help relax you. Chamomile tea or Sleepytime Tea is best)
- Limit your caffeine intake throughout the day, and do not have a caffeinated beverage up to 4 hours before bed. Generally anytime after 4pm is best.
- If you are lying in bed for 30minutes wide awake, do not just lie there. Instead, get up and read a very boring book. This will help you get tired. Within 30minutes - an hour get back in bed and repeat. It is best not to lie awake in bed all night because then you keep looking at the clock and worrying. (Another research group says not to even read a book. Just go to another room with the lights off, no tv, etc and lie in there 20 minutes to relax. This makes it so your bedroom isn't associated with frustration)
- Try getting to bed at an earlier time than usual. Sometimes around 10pm and later, we get our "second wind". Basically, no matter how messed up our sleep cycle is, there is a cycle. Once we are tired, we need to go to sleep soon or our body will basically reset itself into thinking you had rest and you should not be sleeping now.
- Creating a nighttime ritual can program your brain that this ritual means it is time for bed. (Make tea an hour before bed. Grab a book and lie on the couch to read. OR take a warm bath even.)
- Also, drinking tea or taking a bath soon before bed is really helpful. It raises your core body temperature, which when your body is cooling down it makes you drowsy and relaxed.

I hope this helps. I gave so much information because to get into a good sleep habit, it takes a lot of different things. Hopefully this will help.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Solivagant Offline
Previously Apple of your eye
I've been here a while

Name: Suv

Re: sleeping problem - October 1st 2011, 05:56 AM

I have some more tips
-Don't exercise before going to bed.
-Wear comfortable clothes when you go to bed.
-Make sure that the temperature of your room is not too hot or too cold.
-Prepare your mind for sleep during the day. Don't expect that you can be lively all day and then when you suddenly lie down at night you'll get sleep immediately. Your brain has to be prepared for sleep.

"Words are, in my not so humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic, capable of both inflicting injury and remedying it."

-Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Solivagant Offline
Previously Apple of your eye
I've been here a while

Name: Suv

Re: sleeping problem - October 1st 2011, 05:11 PM

And if there's something thats troubling you before you go to bed, then that can also be a problem.

"Words are, in my not so humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic, capable of both inflicting injury and remedying it."

-Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Closed Thread