TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Insanity Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Elliot

antsy legs?? - November 14th 2011, 02:53 AM

hey
ok so my legs are being weird. They are really antsy and I have to move them a lot. I can't stay in one position for to long or it feels tingly and kinda itchy on the inside. ??? Stretching helps some but only for a little bit. It is so aggravating! I have trouble going to sleep because I have to keep moving my legs. What can I do??? What is this???

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Raining Glitter Offline
Average Joe

Re: antsy legs?? - November 14th 2011, 03:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insanity View Post
hey
ok so my legs are being weird. They are really antsy and I have to move them a lot. I can't stay in one position for to long or it feels tingly and kinda itchy on the inside. ??? Stretching helps some but only for a little bit. It is so aggravating! I have trouble going to sleep because I have to keep moving my legs. What can I do??? What is this???
I would recommend seeing a doctor.

When that happened to me, normally it was because I accidentally overdosed on my ADD medication (since right now the doctors are experimenting with the doses). So it is probably not a good thing to have antsy legs.

I don't think it is something to worry about, but it would be a good idea to get to the doctor soon since it is affecting your sleeping habits and everyday activities.

I can't exactly say what you have since I'm not a doctor, so sorry Can't help you there...

What you can do before the doctor visit is make a list of any medication you are on, any illnesses/disorders/conditions you have/had, same but with family history, foods you eat, and activities you frequently do.

I hope you feel better!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Re: antsy legs?? - November 14th 2011, 03:49 AM

I get that same feeling. I think it might be restless leg syndrome. Of course, I can't be sure, so you might want to see a doctor. But that's what I have. When I get that feeling, I run in place or move my legs a lot & sometimes that will help.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Insanity Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Elliot

Re: antsy legs?? - November 14th 2011, 03:56 AM

Its so weird because I haven't done anything differently in the past few weeks and it just randomly started. It may seem like a minor inconvenience but I can't stand it! gahhhhhhhhhh!

(#5 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Re: antsy legs?? - November 14th 2011, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insanity View Post
Its so weird because I haven't done anything differently in the past few weeks and it just randomly started. It may seem like a minor inconvenience but I can't stand it! gahhhhhhhhhh!
If it doesn't stop, gets worse, or really starts to bug you, see a doctor.

Closed Thread