TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
zumbaqueen2012 Offline
I can't get enough

I Dont Feel Healthy... - March 23rd 2009, 09:43 PM

Pretty recently, I dont feel healthy...I feel a bit icky

I guess my lifestyle has changed a bit...i.e, I'm out a lot more now, I eat a lot more fast food and "pub" food cos my social life has taken off. When I'm out with my boyfriend, say 3 times a week and once or twice during the weekend. On the weekdays, I dont get home til 9pm and all I wanna do then is sleep.

I'm considering cutting down the pub & fast food, and coming home earlier as I just dont feel like I'm taking care of myself (especially during period time..).

Does anyone have advice or anything they wanna add to help me?
  Send a message via MSN to zumbaqueen2012  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
glittermist Offline
Modal Soul
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Lisa

Re: I Dont Feel Healthy... - March 23rd 2009, 10:01 PM

Perhaps you should make a visit to your doctor/dietician? I'm sure they can advise you personally as they can examine you and whatnot and therefore their advice will be far more valid; but i will suggest a few things:

-Yes, cut out the junk food...., junk food is full of exactly that..JUNK! It's got nothing more than saturated fat, sugar and salt which will leave you feeling icky and sluggish. It's quick-burning energy therefore you feel horrible afterwards.

-Pub food; i'm sure it's all roasts and jacket potatoes and whatnot? Unless you're eating fry-ups. Well i think as long as it's a good home-cooked carb rich meal then you've got nothing to worry about; carbs are good for you; contrary to popular belief - as this is the food group most commonly 'cut out' on diets but actually; we need them as they provide us with long-lasting energy and help fill us up for much longer therefore there's no need to reach for the sugary snacks. If it is the fry-up type of pub meal; then steer away from this. It's saturated fats again and that's the artery clogging nasty! Of course, it's okay once in a while.

-If you tend to get the bus home or something, how about walking to the next bus stop or two, that way you're getting fitter and therefore feeling much healthier.

Take care of yourself, make sure you're eating plenty of fruits and greens and things, as well as drinking plenty of water. I'm sure if you do this you'll be feeling much better!

& it's just like she's in another world.
[<3]

(#3 (permalink)) Old
eunoia Offline
(n) beautiful thinking
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jes

Re: I Dont Feel Healthy... - March 25th 2009, 05:08 PM

If you're out and about, a lot, there are still ways to take care of yourself. When eating out, even fast food, most places have healthier options. Okay, their salads are probably gross, but if you don't go for the burger and fries each time, maybe you'll feel better. You can also, whenever possible, take your own food. If you're going to be out all day, take something healthy and non-perishable with you and eat in a park or something.

Make sure you're getting the proper amount of sleep each night as well. If you miss some sleep at night, you can make up for it with a nap, but oversleeping isn't good. Don't try to make up for sleep with caffeine. (Coming from me, feel free to ignore that. )

If you're tired, go home. You can go out with your friends next time. Try spending some nights in with your boyfriend and stuff. :] Have fun and take care of yourself, yeah? You only have one of you!

Someday I will be strong enough to lift not one but both of us.
I told you to be patient
I told you to be fine
I told you to be balanced
I told you to be kind

Closed Thread