Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

  • Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
nouse Offline
Not a n00b
nouse's Avatar
Age: 24
Gender: Female
Location: Texas

Posts: 58
Blog Entries: 1
Join Date: November 8th 2011

Exclamation Pain..down there? - January 18th 2012, 05:24 AM

I've been extremely itchy "down there" for about a week, not where my pubic hair is but like around the organs and such...yeah. I'm also more red down there than usual. This has been driving me crazy and I'm really not sure what's wrong.
I've tried using clotrimazole about 3 or 4 times and it hasn't worked =/

I don't know if this could have any relevance to it but I lost my virginity about 10 days ago and it the problems really started about 3 days after that. We both were virgins so std wouldn't really make any sense. I also know it's not an allergic reaction to condoms or birth control. My vag is kind of sore too, which I expected, but definitely not 10 days after.

I've tried looking this up but any symptoms I search come up with stories of added things like white patches or sores and I don't have any of those, so I really don't know what to think.

  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
TeenHelp Addict
Coffee.'s Avatar
Name: Traci
Age: 26
Gender: she/her/hers
Location: North Carolina

Posts: 8,147
Blog Entries: 639
Join Date: October 29th 2009

Re: Pain..down there? - January 18th 2012, 05:50 AM

One, are you sure it's not a reaction to the condoms? Many people are allergic to latex, so that could be an option. Two, it may just be cleanliness issue. I don't think you should be using the cream, I would stop using that and just wash your vagina with soap and water for a few days, or whatever body wash you've used in the past. It happens to all of us, I'm not saying you're dirty, but this kind of stuff happens. Every few months I have an itchy day, it happens. Three, it is possible for you to actually be allergic to your boyfriend's cum, but I doubt that.

Just keep it clean, wait a few more days, and then go to a doctor if it keeps up.

I said to the sun, "Tell me about the big bang"
& the sun said “it hurts to become."
Andrea Gibson, "I Sing The Body Electric; Especially When My Power Is Out"
  Send a message via MSN to Coffee.  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
nouse Offline
Not a n00b
nouse's Avatar
Age: 24
Gender: Female
Location: Texas

Posts: 58
Blog Entries: 1
Join Date: November 8th 2011

Re: Pain..down there? - January 18th 2012, 06:01 AM

I'm absolutely positive it isn't a condom issue because...one wasn't used. haha.
I've washed myself and it hasn't done anything at all. The reason I tried the cream is because I used to have those itchy days growing up and when I'd tell my mom, she said to use that.

I'm starting to think it really could just be a yeast infection though. I've been trying to find more information and I have read that people often get one after sex.

  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!
Harmony♥'s Avatar
Name: Shannon
Age: 29
Gender: Female
Location: IRAW!

Posts: 5,741
Blog Entries: 11
Join Date: March 31st 2010

Re: Pain..down there? - January 18th 2012, 06:37 AM

It might be a yeast infection. Have you tried going to the doctor for it? They can, of course, tell you exactly what the problem is and give you proper treatment for it. When I had my UTI last year, I was able to take a home test for it, so maybe try your local pharmacy to see if they have home tests for yeast infections as well.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
  Send a message via AIM to Harmony♥  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough
escape_thereal_world's Avatar
Name: Kelly
Age: 28
Gender: Female
Location: Charleston, SC

Posts: 3,097
Blog Entries: 98
Join Date: January 7th 2009

Re: Pain..down there? - January 18th 2012, 11:33 AM

I agree with Shannon.

Yes, yeast infections usually come with white patches and clumps. But I've had a couple where I had no symptoms except itchiness. It turned out to still be a yeast infection.

Definitely get a test as Shannon suggested. These types of things are so easy to get rid of, but if you wait it can turn into a more severe infection. Better to get it treated now
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Lottie Offline
Retro TH'er- since 2007.
Regular TeenHelper
Lottie's Avatar
Name: Lottie
Age: 29
Gender: Female
Location: Iraw!

Posts: 378
Blog Entries: 269
Join Date: January 5th 2009

Re: Pain..down there? - January 18th 2012, 01:52 PM

Have you recently come off your period? Has your mum changed the washing powder recently? Have you been wearing tight underwear? You should try and wear cotton underwear for a bit. You said you were using clotrimazole ? That in itself can cause irritation to the area that you're applying it to. As both Shannon and Kelly have said go to the doctors. I would also suggest to stop using the cream for the time being.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
punk rocker with attitude
Senior TeenHelper
Pessimistic Panda's Avatar
Name: Jennifer
Age: 33
Gender: Female
Location: Three rivers Mi

Posts: 914
Blog Entries: 5
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: Pain..down there? - January 18th 2012, 02:39 PM

Yeast infection for sure, if it's not TMI but I have one now and I'm itchy and I'm not sure about red but it became so itchy that I scratched myself and bled a bit. So yes as Kelly and Shannon said get one of the handy yeast infection test. Then if it's a yeast infection there are things over the counter you can use, and if it doesn't go away see a doctor. A doctor isn't going to judge you about having sex, will be able to help or determine what kind of infection it is.

You can't live a positive life with a negative mind and if you have a positive outcome you have a positive income and just to have more positivity and just to kind of laugh it off. ~ Miley Cyrus

  Send a message via MSN to Pessimistic Panda Send a message via Yahoo to Pessimistic Panda  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All material copyright ©1998-2019, TeenHelp.
Terms | Legal | Privacy | Conduct | Complaints

Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000-2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search engine optimization by vBSEO.
Theme developed in association with vBStyles.