TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

View Poll Results: Has this ever happened to anyone else?
Yes 1 16.67%
No 3 50.00%
I know someone else it has happened to. 1 16.67%
Yes, but not on weed. (ToGoOmniscient) 1 16.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
canadadry Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

weird trip - May 28th 2012, 03:15 AM

i have smoked pot before, for a couple years now, not every day regularly but a couple times a month for the past few years, but my 3 friends who are SWED type of people had me over at their place last night and i have about 2 or 3 shots of captain morgans and then we were smoking out of a water bong (really big water bong) and my one friend "roasted it" and then i took the hit from the chamber, was a lot of smoke. At first everyone was saying "whoaa" and i was wondering why they were acting so shocked because i felt fine, and my throat just tickled a little bit I was okay, i started feeling like i could see myself as a 3D cartoon character which is normal when i smoke their weed but then i started coughing uncontrollably which is all fine and i drank a bit of pop but then i felt really really sick so i got up and went outside and started puking, my one friend said I "got the spins" and I was seeing spinning circles, kind of like those kaleidoscopes with colors but instead of colors it was alternate realities, like parallel universes, and i felt as if this was a portal to get in between the different realities and i could pick which one to go back to. my friends were my friends in one universe but in the other they were other people and i kept switching between realities. I also felt like I was taking a step back from life -not just my life, but life in general- and i was taking an "outside look" at it, as if i wasn't a part of life... I started to wonder what was real and what wasn't. Also I felt like I had to hold on and get through this crazy phase of puking and feeling awful on the bad trip in order to stay alive. It was like there were different people/bodies/souls who would come into my life and play my role at different points and i had to keep holding on for them, because if i closed my eyes and tried to go to sleep i would die. But also, i kind of wanted to die at that point because i felt so shitty but i didnt close my eyes cause i was so scared, and i dont remember going to sleep either, out of fear. (Obviously i did though because i woke up in bed this morning) I just want to know, has anyone else ever experienced this? and is this just me being crazy or what? I don't think their weed is laced and everyone else who smoked it was totally fine. This is only the second time i have ever been on a bad trip with weed. Now I am questioning if my life is really real or not. Please help!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
oldaccount Offline
I can't get enough

Re: weird trip - May 28th 2012, 08:00 PM

Have you come down completely? That may be why you're still questioning reality.
To answer your question, I don't think the weed was laced the alcohol may have caused the experience you had.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
a person Offline
Derpy Psychonaut
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: weird trip - May 28th 2012, 11:49 PM

meep i've only had experiences like that on acid. i guess i've had bad trips on weed before, like feeling like i'm dying and everything spinning and shit, but nothing really visual. err, what do you normally smoke out of? idk about other people, but for me, i have a greater chance of a bad experience if i'm using a bong or whatever. i mean, it could also be the alcohol.

19. Neuroscience and Psychology Double Major. Dirty Jerz. Enjoys floral print, lace, 1920s culture, mustaches, psychedelics, infinity signs, fractals, film photography, Disney films, old newspapers, hookah, parks and proper grammar. Yerp.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
blurryface Offline
|-/
Senior TeenHelper

Name: anathema

Re: weird trip - May 29th 2012, 01:00 AM

I was gonna say is there a chance you're just not used to it but you obviously are. So I would think maybe the alcohol and or pop had something to do with it.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Michy_Blackrose Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Michy

Re: weird trip - May 29th 2012, 10:08 AM

Sounds like you had a lot of pretty strong stuff and as people have mentioned, the alcohol probably skewed/intensified the whole experience even more. When you felt sick, you were probably in a 'whitey' state. Perhaps lay off it for a little while, it'll help your mind and body to get back to 'level'. I've mixed the two quite a while ago, in the past, and ended up feeling something fairly similar, though i use the two together now sometimes too. (non-encouraging)

And I was in the darkness,
So darkness I became.

<3
  Send a message via MSN to Michy_Blackrose  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
canadadry Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: weird trip - June 2nd 2012, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by a person View Post
meep i've only had experiences like that on acid. i guess i've had bad trips on weed before, like feeling like i'm dying and everything spinning and shit, but nothing really visual. err, what do you normally smoke out of? idk about other people, but for me, i have a greater chance of a bad experience if i'm using a bong or whatever. i mean, it could also be the alcohol.
normally i smoke joints or smoke out of a pipe but this time i smoked out of a bong, took a whole long chamber hit.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
canadadry Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: weird trip - June 2nd 2012, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intoxication View Post
Have you come down completely? That may be why you're still questioning reality.
To answer your question, I don't think the weed was laced the alcohol may have caused the experience you had.
yah after a few days of giving myself a chance to come down completely i think the intensity of it all has worn off a bit but still now, i don't know whats going on in life anymore. What i saw felt way more real than anything i've ever experienced living.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
canadadry Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: weird trip - June 2nd 2012, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michy_Blackrose View Post
Sounds like you had a lot of pretty strong stuff and as people have mentioned, the alcohol probably skewed/intensified the whole experience even more. When you felt sick, you were probably in a 'whitey' state. Perhaps lay off it for a little while, it'll help your mind and body to get back to 'level'. I've mixed the two quite a while ago, in the past, and ended up feeling something fairly similar, though i use the two together now sometimes too. (non-encouraging)
do you think it's possible that acid could have been laced in it?

(#9 (permalink)) Old
canadadry Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: weird trip - June 2nd 2012, 04:12 PM

thanks everyone for your reply!

Closed Thread