TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
staygolden Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Angry Grew up a fkn screw up. - July 11th 2012, 02:39 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of substance use, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

So I'm 17 years old (18 in august) I live with my aunt and uncle. I use to live with my mother but she kicked me out, for various reasons, like me not liking her boyfriend. I had no rules at my mothers so I drank and did drugs and partied A LOT.

Now that I live here I have a curfew etc etc. I just got out of rehab(they made me go or I would be homeless right now if I didn't) but I drank last night, which I regret. I smoke heroin and drink. Lately I've just been getting high because I can hide it more then drinking. Ever had a drunk person tell you they arent drunk? Major fail.

Anyways my parents keep nagging me and make me go to a AA meeting everyday, and it makes me want to drink so much more. I'm young. It's summer. I dont want to sit in a AA meeting with 50 year olds talking about my life. It just makes me stressed and mad and thats when I want to use or drink most. I just don't knnow what to do anymore. I do want to stop drinking and using.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
ForeverAnna Offline
Anna Banana
Average Joe

Name: Anna

Re: Grew up a fkn screw up. - July 11th 2012, 06:28 PM

Hey there,

I'm sorry you've had to deal with such hard things in your life, but you have to stay strong, and keep fighting. Addictions will get worse before they get better, you've got to wait it out if you want to be better It's actually a good thing that you now live by rules if you look at it optimistically; there's less chance you'll go out on a night and get drunk or high. There's less temptation, I'd think. You're not a screw up, everyone makes mistakes in their lives, so just keep going

Different types of therapy work for different people, obviously the group AA meetings aren't working for you, you've done well to recognise that, but you should be proud that you attend them also. Sometimes you just need to stick something out, and good results will come. However, if you really feel that nothing good will come of it, you should tell your parents, then you should take matters into your own hands and go see a local doctor and tell them group meetings aren't working, that way maybe then you can see a counsellor singularly. If you really want to get better, like I know you do, you'll find some alternative counselling. Talking about how you're feeling, which is an aim of counselling, can also help, so you can talk to people on TeenHelp, like me , or a friend or a parent

Good luck and stay strong.
Anna

I am not afraid to keep on living
I am not afraid to walk this world alone

Send a message via MSN to ForeverAnna  
Closed Thread