TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
friendlyfire Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Exclamation Was it a bad trip? Am i crazy? - October 24th 2012, 04:09 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of substance use, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

On october 22, I went out with my friend A to smoke some weed in a field near my house. I started taking 150mg of wellbutrin a week ago for depression. So me and A start taking hits out of her pipe and it instantly hits me. i knew the weed was good, but this was really strong stuff. We decide to stop for a bit. I layed in the grass and i felt super high. I didn't really think i was high though, because I only took about 4 or 5 hits. I've smoked a few times before and ive been pretty fine, just giggly and weird. This time was different. I smoked some more and asked A if she thought i was stoned. (I'm a weed newbie). She said i probably wasn't.

But then it hit me. i felt every emotion ive ever felt at one time. And i saw every memory at once, especially my childhood. I saw my entire life flash before my eyes and my heart was racing a mile a minute. A was starting to get scared at this point, and told me to relax, and that it would all be ok. It was the worst feeling in the world, because i literally thought that i was dying and i was terrified. i dont remember much about the next part, but later A said that i started having a religious thing going on and i was calling out to god and crying. She helped me up from where i was sitting and i couldnt move much. I saw crazy visuals, and heard random high pitched noises. i remember looking at my hands at one point and realizing i could see colors coming out of them, and that they left a trail when i moved them. If someone were to ask me what insanity was, i would tell them how i felt that day. If this wasn't a trip of some kind, then i dont know what would be.

These delusions continued on for five hours. Luckily A was there to help me. I went to a party later that night with A and smoked one hit of her weed to see if it would do anything. I was totally stoned after 1 hit. I could barely move and was dizzy. I didnt feel bad or good, just numb.

Anyways, that was long. What i'm wanting to know is if wellbutrin interacts with weed this way, or if I am just this crazy. Because i've never heard of anything interacting with weed like this. And i know the weed I smoked wasnt laced with anything.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Francois Offline
Average Joe

Name: Francois

Re: Was it a bad trip? Am i crazy? - October 24th 2012, 09:29 AM

Welcome to the world of highly potent marijuana.
It's not the wellbutrin, that is just what potent weed does when your tolerance is low. Your weed wasn't laced either, it was just potent.
They call this kind of weed '1 hitter quitter' stuff for a reason. 4-5 hits of potent marijuana can be stronger than 4-5 joints of average stuff. People who smoke often don't get like that because they build up a tolerance.

This is why I stopped smoking weed.
Ok, not really, I stopped because the cops came to my house, almost found my weed, and it scared the shit out of me.

Leave the weed man, it isn't worth all that anxiety.

All in the name of adrenalin

(#3 (permalink)) Old
walk around in O O O O
Not a n00b

Name: Lucky/Lux

Re: Was it a bad trip? Am i crazy? - November 6th 2012, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois View Post
Welcome to the world of highly potent marijuana.
It's not the wellbutrin, that is just what potent weed does when your tolerance is low. Your weed wasn't laced either, it was just potent.
They call this kind of weed '1 hitter quitter' stuff for a reason. 4-5 hits of potent marijuana can be stronger than 4-5 joints of average stuff. People who smoke often don't get like that because they build up a tolerance.

This is why I stopped smoking weed.
Ok, not really, I stopped because the cops came to my house, almost found my weed, and it scared the shit out of me.

Leave the weed man, it isn't worth all that anxiety.

As much trust as you may have in your friend, you can't really say definitively that the bud wasn't laced with anything unless you yourself grew it. Neither can A. Weed generally passes through plenty of hands from point A to point You, and people do all kinds of things to increase the psychoactive effects and sell more. I'm not saying that it was definitely laced, but I am saying that it could easily happen.

As for the visuals and auditory hallucinations, I would be willing to bet that there was something else that contributed to this reaction. As there aren't any studies about welbutrin and marijuana, no one can rightly tell you that this had nothing to do with it. It very well could have; THC alone isn't likely to produce this kind of effect on your brain without other chemicals, synthetic or otherwise, contributing.

Best,

Lux

"This cosmic dance
of bursti
ng decadence and withheld permissions
twists all our arms colle
ctively,
but if sweetn
ess can win, and it can,
then I'll sti
ll be here tomorrow
to hig
h-five you yesterday, my friend.
Peace.
"

- Royal Tart Toter
(Adventure Time)

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Francois Offline
Average Joe

Name: Francois

Re: Was it a bad trip? Am i crazy? - November 6th 2012, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNo.Infinity View Post

As much trust as you may have in your friend, you can't really say definitively that the bud wasn't laced with anything unless you yourself grew it. Neither can A. Weed generally passes through plenty of hands from point A to point You, and people do all kinds of things to increase the psychoactive effects and sell more. I'm not saying that it was definitely laced, but I am saying that it could easily happen.

As for the visuals and auditory hallucinations, I would be willing to bet that there was something else that contributed to this reaction. As there aren't any studies about welbutrin and marijuana, no one can rightly tell you that this had nothing to do with it. It very well could have; THC alone isn't likely to produce this kind of effect on your brain without other chemicals, synthetic or otherwise, contributing.

Best,

Lux
Well, I got visual and auditory hallucinations from weed that I grew myself, in fact, I got it fairly often.

Weed is very rarely laced, because the stuff needed to lace it normally sells for a lot more than weed does. I am not saying that it was definitely NOT laced, but I would have to say that it is VERY VERY VERY unlikely. The stuff that weed is SOMETIMES laced with, does not produce the described effects either. For the psychedelic-like effects that the OP described to happen through something other than the weed, there are only a handful of chemicals that can withstand smoking temperature that it could even theoretically been laced with. One of them is DMT, and if your stuff was laced with DMT, you would KNOW. Firstly, the taste would be a dead giveaway, because the stuff tastes like burning plastic. Secondly, it is IMMENSELY powerful, millions of times the power of LSD, except it only lasts 10 to 20 minutes.
I can guarantee you that there was no DMT in the weed, because DMT sells for $1000-$3000 per gram, while weed sells for $5-$20 per gram.
The other chemicals are very hard to source, and very expensive research chemicals, also known as designer drugs.

While MDMA (ecstacy) is often laced (in fact, more often than not.) weed isn't. It is easy to lace MDMA, because no.1 it is ingested orally, and there are a lot of cheap chemicals that can be added to orally taken drugs, and no.2 because the effects spectrum is harder to pinpoint than on weed, so you won't know if you have laced stuff or not as easily when you take MDMA because there are tons of chemicals that can mimic it's effects to a lesser or greater degree.

From a dealers point of view it would make absolutely no sense to lace marijuana, because it is pretty much the cheapest drug one can buy. Weed can have adulterants though, like saw dust and other inactive crap, but that only screws with your lungs, and doesn't make the stuff more powerful.

Also, I had a psychiatrist tell me that neither SSRI's nor Wellbutrin interacts with weed. They work on totally different parts of the brain, and use completely independent neural pathways. I know this because I've been on both SSRI's and Wellbutrin in the past.

All in the name of adrenalin

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread