TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
MWF Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Robert

bad drunk experience - May 22nd 2016, 05:46 PM

So I've had a pretty terrible week. I failed 2 quizzes and a test in my German class and have been living off of a dollar a day without much sleep. Plus my social life fucking sucks... Anyway, I decided to problem drink a couple days ago and forget the week. That was a bad idea.
I decided to go to a restaurant, and I asked my roommate if she wanted to come and she said no. Not good. I never found the restaurant I was looking for so I just joined a bunch of guys and went to some other place (no clue where). I got kicked out (I assume) for yelling about how much I hate Ronald Reagan. And theres also a good chance I was hitting on guys all night (I found texts to my friend about it). Thats horrifying... I'm also worried that somebody got video of this. Some stranger found me lying outside a building and took me home at about 2.
My roommates said they need to talk to me... I'm really worried I did or said something horrible. I'm giving up heavy drinking, that night could have been a disaster. And I also think I should get some counseling... not for drinking, but for all my other problems.

Wish I lived in Canada. UPDATE, NOV. 9th, 2016: This statement has become even more appropriate.
I vow that I will attack this endeavor with an enthusiasm unknown to mankind. Jim Harbaugh

"Being an adult sucks. The only positives are weed, sex, and cars, and I have none of those right now." -Me

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hatred cannot drive out hatred; only love can do that." -Martin Luther King Jr.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
MsNobleEleanor Offline
Courting Chivalrous Fidelity

I can't get enough

Re: bad drunk experience - May 30th 2016, 11:38 AM

I apologize for the delay for a response. I do hope things have been going okay since that night when you were out drinking.

I understand why you went out, with all the stress you are going through. Most people have done this not that there is an underlining drinking problem but to have a good time, get away, and relax. Some cases things can happen, from what you described. You aren't alone in that.

Has your roommates talked to you as what they had hoped to do? If they have, how was the conversation, did they bring up any concerns they had, or explained what had happened that night?

I think counseling is a great idea, not for your drinking, but to talk about and to deal with what is going on for you. It's hard to balance our personal life, social life, school, work, and other things let alone dealing with strong feelings.

Do you know where you would go for counseling or how to find a counselor? I can provide some things you can do to find a counselor. Some google searches you can do could be:
(insert city/location) counseling
(insert city/location) free counseling
(insert city/location) sliding scale fee for counseling

You can also go to Student Services or the Counseling Department where you attend College to ask for more information and if you can use there services. You can also see someone there where they can make recommendations of services in your area and refer you.

I hope you are doing well. If you need anything you're more than welcome to send me a PM or reply back.

Take Care.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
MWF Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Robert

Re: bad drunk experience - May 30th 2016, 07:28 PM

We had a lovely conversation about what happened. Apparently to them, it was a real hassle to be woken up in the middle of the night. They almost had to put on their clothes and walk down two blocks to find me, poor them. But that wasn't what happened, they just kept a light on and went back to bed afterwards. And then told me to go to bed.
Yeah, I know where I can get counseling. I'll try to find some time, because I know my friends won't help me.

Wish I lived in Canada. UPDATE, NOV. 9th, 2016: This statement has become even more appropriate.
I vow that I will attack this endeavor with an enthusiasm unknown to mankind. Jim Harbaugh

"Being an adult sucks. The only positives are weed, sex, and cars, and I have none of those right now." -Me

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hatred cannot drive out hatred; only love can do that." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Closed Thread